For Sale 71 Sport Fury Formal Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp6401

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi gents, regrettably am going to sell my 1971 Sport Fury formal top. You guys have seen it here before and provided GREAT advice. I find myself working way too many hours and she just sits. Here is the Craigslist thread:

1971 Plymouth Sport Fury

Great car for restoration.

00O0O_fqxK0f8JrXK_1200x900.jpg

This one should be beautiful once it’s restored. Be sure to stay in contact with the future owner and see what it’s up to.

Thanks guys, I have reduced the price. Took her for a cruise tonight, thumbs up everywhere!! Makes me smile and sad that she has to go. Folks just don't get to see these old cool C bodies anymore. Everyone loves the E and B bodies, but the C bodies are just so unique and classy!!!!

Listing mentions a rod knock above 50, which strikes me as an odd circumstance. (I'm not an expert on knocking engines)
Have you done a hot and cold oil pressure check on it?
Is it possible you have some type of chassis vibration (or wheel out of balance) + exhaust that is too close to a T-bar or framerail?
And cracked flexplates can make a noise similar to that also.

Just logged in to check up on the old car, I can't tell you how happy I was to see it in even better shape than I left it. Looks like you were still having trouble with that knocking sound. We never figured out what it was either but clearly it never affected the engine. Imagine it would have blown up by now.

Hah, this car is the only one I sold off that I still think of ever now and then. She was special.

Fury cars are better as 2 doors.I like the 72 and 73 2 doors the best because of their grilles.But the one on this is great,Very pretty car.B.B

Yea into the flipper merry-go-round it looks.
I'm about 1/2 way through the FearlessFury post about his money throw at the car to see what was actually accomplished.

Flippers are really looked down upon.I get it really.This forum is really about collectors and single car owners who love their vehicles.And the excitement of finding cars and NOS parts in buildings,barns,and fields.B.B

Flippers are really looked down upon.I get it really.This forum is really about collectors and single car owners who love their vehicles.And the excitement of finding cars and NOS parts in buildings,barns,and fields.B.B
Honestly I dont see a problem with getting a C body into the correct caring ownership, getting it cleaned up and roadworthy until the right owner that NEEDS that car comes along and put a few bucks in your pocket for giving the car a new life.

The dealer this car is at used to be called HLpag known for overpriced rust bucket General Lee clones. The car should have went to Manny where it would have been appreciated most. I hope the right owner finds it.

Yes, nothing wrong with getting a car roadworthy and back in circulation, and making a little money at it. Did that myself a few times years ago (although the money was never enough to really justify the effort).

We can only hope that his flipper, though, at 4x asking price, has to sit on it a long time and then barely break even.
Greed should not be rewarded.

You have to give hm credit for selling.Most owners of cars in general let theirs rot or stuffed away in garages for years.This guy s a true collector who realizes the car needs to be driven and experienced.Large car driving sticks with you,believe me. B.B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back