NOT MINE 72 Dodge Polara Custom

MJFUR

Reaction score
I hope this is ok to post.
Went to lunch a couple of towns over and ran across this in Azle, TX. The owner said, "It's driveable, but needs a little work." He let me take some pics and said it was allright if I posted it. I really don't know much else. Contact info in first photo.

20221112_133444.jpg

20221112_133705.jpg

20221112_134616.jpg

20221112_134623.jpg

20221112_134656.jpg

20221112_133540.jpg

20221112_133624.jpg

20221112_134547.jpg

20221112_133642.jpg

20221112_133656.jpg

Thank you for taking photos and alteration us to DM41K2D270275. Nice HB1 Polara Custom sedan -- looks quite solid?

I kninda like it.

And the front valance is intact an unobtainium piece in case of damage.

Carsten

Body looks nice and straight and looks like only surface rust, except for one tiny spot that might pick thru.
Tires look decent and seem to match (can't be 100% sure on the RF one).
Seats look tear-free (and wear free) although the front one is a little dirty (how well will it clean up?).
Door panels (what we can see of them) look really nice - as does the dashpad.
Exhaust looks like it was put on by a pro (although 1 muffler is a little lower than the other one).
Interestingly, it has headers on it.

Peel the rest of that top thoroughly and paint the top white.
That surface rust could be scuffed and touched-up with some light-blue Rustoleum while you figured out what to do with the rest of the paint. (or leave it alone)

72 Polara 4-doors have been growing on me - this one is exactly what I would be looking for.
It's not the color I would choose, but it's a color I could live with.

Top speed on this car is *unlimited*! (everyone remember that movie line?)

69-71 Polaras are sporty,slick,sexy love them
72s Polaras are knarly,ugly,mean love them
IMG_0054.jpg

72 cop package is on my dream car list. Had one in the past way back. Loads of fun. Most of my cop cars were fun.

72 cop package is on my dream car list. Had one in the past way back. Loads of fun. Most of my cop cars were fun.
I had an 88 Diplomat AHB, and even that underpowered thing was fun.
Handled very nicely and had one of hte most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

I kninda like it.

And the front valance is intact an unobtainium piece in case of damage.

Carsten
Someone should buy the car, remove the valance, create a mold, and lay some fibreglass repro's! For the 12- 24 people who will buy them. Might pay for the car in a few years.

Is it just me, or are the '72's a rare year? It seems you'll find 2 or 3, 71's or 73's for every 72.

Someone should buy the car, remove the valance, create a mold, and lay some fibreglass repro's! For the 12- 24 people who will buy them. Might pay for the car in a few years.

Is it just me, or are the '72's a rare year? It seems you'll find 2 or 3, 71's or 73's for every 72.
I have thought about making a mold of mine and making a perfect repop because my original has been repaired. Materials alone are expensive to create mold and then parts,BUT I would have alot of time involved and I doubt I could sell a dozen at say $250 each.Except for real police cars, not too many 72s people throwing $$ at except early 70s B movie cop car fans like me.I think most were destroyed this way and thats why you dont see them often.

I have thought about making a mold of mine and making a perfect repop because my original has been repaired. Materials alone are expensive to create mold and then parts,BUT I would have alot of time involved and I doubt I could sell a dozen at say $250 each.Except for real police cars, not too many 72s people throwing $$ at except early 70s B movie cop car fans like me.I think most were destroyed this way and thats why you dont see them often.
I had a 72 Fury that I threw money at, but Hollander has a different # for its front valence than Polara.
I think it's interesting that Hollander calls the front valence panel "gravel shield"

Back