72 fury 3 radiator

Rexhazard34!

Reaction score
Hey new to mopars and this site and would appreciate any help given, but I have recently acquired a 1972 Plymouth furry three for me and my son to work on having a hard time finding a radiator for the thing .I’ve ordered one off of Jegs but there saying March before it gets here! Doe’s anyone have one to sell or know where I can get one sooner? And why if all the parts are the radiators hard to find and it get?

I have a 1972 Fury III. I bought a Champion aluminum 22" radiator off ebay. It's worked fine.
Champion EC2374 www.championradiators.com
I had to widen a slot at the bottom and drill upper mounting holes to match the holes in the support panel. You could probably use this one or the 26" version. Note: no fan shroud
20191018_140422ps.jpg

20181205_113545.jpg

20181205_115604.jpg

The other choice would be to take you existing radiator to any good radiator shop and have it repaired or re-cored.

Dave

If your top and bottom tanks are in good condition Kenny's Radiator here Indy is who I recommend for having a radiator re-cored. Be sure to get a 3 row 26" core for optimum. efficiency. Be sure to include a proper fan shroud and a Hayden heavy thermo fan clutch w/ a 6 blade fan.

I got one of these from ECP. Says its in stock but you should call to check. This 26" replaced my original 22" The bolts on one side match the original holes and I had to drill new ones for the other side. The yoke for the 22" had a flair that allowed the ful core of the 26" to be exposed to the air. I'm happy, no leaks. Painted it black to make it look closer to stock.

Did you have to buy new radiator mounting bolts to achieve this?
Hi Rex
No, I used the original mounting bolts. I drilled the radiator frame of the new Champion radiator, such that the upper holes matched the location of the bolt holes on the 1972 Fury Radiator support panel.
20181204_134104.jpg

I used exhaust cut-off wheel to widen bottom slots so they could rest on lower mounting bolts
20181204_143152.jpg

Original bolts
20181204_145257.jpg

Original trans line fittings also install on Champion
20181204_135550.jpg

Hope this helps. Ben

Hi Rex
No, I used the original mounting bolts. I drilled the radiator frame of the new Champion radiator, such that the upper holes matched the location of the bolt holes on the 1972 Fury Radiator support panel.
View attachment 510356
I used exhaust cut-off wheel to widen bottom slots so they could rest on lower mounting bolts
View attachment 510357
Original bolts
View attachment 510359
Original trans line fittings also install on Champion
View attachment 510360
Hope this helps. Ben
Man helps a ton! I ordered the same one off of eBay and canceled the one that said it will be here in March. I’ll just do a little modification like you, thanks again!

Back