For Sale 72 Imperial Black & White - not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the nicest Imperial coupes that's come up for sale in a long time.
Will this be Doc's number 9?

DDDaammmnnn! I just bought a 73 Coupe. This would make the third 72 Imp Coupe. I will wait and see what happens.

Question on this car, do you think the trailer hitch means the drive train may be worn beyond the mileage?

This is one of the hard-to-answer questions, since the car should be taken for a test drive to qualify that. Somehow the hitch looks like those available brand new, so this particular Imperial may have Trailer Towing Package consisting various heavy duty equipment, but I´ll get back to it once the fender tag is deciphered.

With MyMopar:

Y: Imperial LeBaron
M: Price class, medium
23: 2-Door Hardtop

T: See E85
2: Model year, 1972
C: Assembly plant, Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

165666: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 225hp
D34: TF727
TX9: Formal Black Exterior Color
MRXW: Trim - Leather Bucket Seats, Black/White
000: Full Door Panels
B05: Build Date: November 05
193932: Order number

V1W: Full Vinyl Top, White
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
R48: Power Antenna
L31: Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35: Cornering Lamps

M45: Fender skirts
P31: Power Windows
P41: Power Door Locks
S61: Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column
N23: Electronic Ignition System

V5X: Body Side rub strips, Black
G11: Tinted Glass (all)

R32: Dual Rear Speakers

Edit: V5X corrected

Last edited:
I've never seen any '72 or '73 with side stripes. Would be pretty rare. Maybe that code is wrong.

I've never seen any '72 or '73 with side stripes. Would be pretty rare. Maybe that code is wrong.
Do you have a photo or know what the side stripe would have looked like?

Thanks for notifying, only 70s of Fusie Imps were available with body side accent stripes and I used Mymopar.com, which has some issues about what is which.

One of the nicest Imperial coupes that's come up for sale in a long time.
Will this be Doc's number 9?
I can't see doc paying 20k for one, especially one which will cost (guessing) up to 5k to sort out, then again shipping to Minnesota from Florida. Beautiful car though, white roof and interior perfectly balance the black.

I can't see doc paying 20k for one, especially one which will cost (guessing) up to 5k to sort out, then again shipping to Minnesota from Florida. Beautiful car though, white roof and interior perfectly balance the black.
It would have to be in excellent condition with no repairs required for anyone to pay 20K for a fuselage Imperial, even then, the price seems a bit of a stretch.

It would have to be in excellent condition with no repairs required for anyone to pay 20K for a fuselage Imperial, even then, the price seems a bit of a stretch.
Indeed, its probably a correct price if these cars were as valued as others, Corvette say, imagine - gee a pretty solid imperial I can fully restore rather than a rust bucket, and it may then be worth 50k or 60k, but for the foreseeable future that seems unlikely, although at least Doc is in a good position should such a scenario develop.

What are you seeing that needs 5k worth of fixing on this coupe?

What are you seeing that needs 5k worth of fixing on this coupe?
Nothing in particular, but since doc gets his cars attended to after purchase, say an underhood detailing, new brakes (seem to recall he automatically does the brakes), thorough checkover etc etc, was generalizing that it "may" cost up to say 5k to bring to Doc's standards should anything be required, never can tell how a car is until a good look after purchase.

I can't find the words to describe my feelings for this car.

Here, will this help?

homer drooling (small).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back