72 NY in TX9

@Tobias74, do you have pictures of the engine bay on CS43T2C294604 -- I would like to check if the black-and-gold NYB you found is this one now for sale in Germany with an asking price of 32k euros (over USD 38k)?

Even though the wheels are different and the roof is now painted black rather than V1Y gold vinyl, how many 1972 NYBs still have a perfect H7Y5 gold interior with an intact gold rim blow tilt wheel?

The ad says that the paint was redone in 2020, that the car was lowered, and that the valve covers were replaced with new Edelbrock ones -- so I strongly suspect that this is the same car. What makes me even more sure is the specific logo in the middle of the bench-wide front rubber floor mat.

I can't save them all, and black is not my favorite color, but I wonder if I should have followed the advice of @71Polara383...

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

$_27.jpg

@Tobias74, do you have pictures of the engine bay on CS43T2C294604 -- I would like to check if the black-and-gold NYB you found is this one now for sale in Germany with an asking price of 32k euros (over USD 38k)?

Even though the wheels are different and the roof is now painted black rather than V1Y gold vinyl, how many 1972 NYBs still have a perfect H7Y5 gold interior with an intact gold rim blow tilt wheel? The ad says that the paint was redone in 2020 and the valve covers were replaced with new Edelbrock ones, so I strongly suspect that this is the same car. I should have followed the advice of @71Polara383...

View attachment 437292

View attachment 437293

View attachment 437294
Yes that’s my old car , the guy did not like the gold roof that the reason why he removed it and painted it at the same time.
I sold him the car with the new rims..

I find that aggravating, they buy these nice American cars, ship them over, yet so many are frequently for sale . Quitters!

I'm kind of torn here. I really didn't like the gold roof, and think it looks way better with the painted roof. However, if the gold roof was in good shape, which apparently it was (who knows what it looked like underneath), I would have left it, as it was very unique. The beautiful original paint is now gone too!

Anyone notice the price, 32,000 Euros! That's 38,000 US Dollars.

Oh yes, very tragic. The golden roof was the extraordinary thing about this car. It's a shame that the poor car was defaced with these rims. The price now called is outrageous, someone wants to make quick money ...

Not all cars that go overseas have such a bad fate!
IMHO

Oh yes, very tragic. The golden roof was the extraordinary thing about this car. It's a shame that the poor car was defaced with these rims. The price now called is outrageous, someone wants to make quick money ...

Not all cars that go overseas have such a bad fate!
IMHO

No? Ask the car, they'd rather stay.

Before it crossed the pond, that car was a looker, I'd have liked to have it, and I'm not a Fusie guy.

Before it crossed the pond, that car was a looker, I'd have liked to have it, and I'm not a Fusie guy.
Do I regret not listening to Wyatt and getting the car? Yep, because it was really special (originality and color combo) and thus deserving of preservation. No, because that color combo may be unique and works very well (I agree) but it does not push my buttons.

@Tobias74 deserves credit for offering the car on FCBO first. No one here bit, however, and so the car is now overseas. At the end of the day, the market speaks.

From what I have seen, many cars that go to Europe are treated very well. Our European members contribute very actively, share pics of the cars, and exercise them regularly at numerous events. What more could one want?

Well, one thing. The unfortunate bit is that, once a C-body leaves on a boat, it is highly unlikely to ever get back to these shores. That reality is what stinks, and it is one reason why I bought a third 1970 Polara 'vert last October: buying Regina from Tobias got me further away from my long-term goal of 3-4 fusies BUT, I love turquoise, and I could not take the risk that what is likely the only FQ3 1970 Polara 'vert left in good condition would forever be gone from North America.

Last edited:
I find that aggravating, they buy these nice American cars, ship them over, yet so many are frequently for sale . Quitters!

just for those who care :
Often they got bought and shipped over from dealers/flippers not the supposed to be active owners.
Many private guys don't want to take the risk of buying them sight unseen. So they buy them after they arrive in germany.

Here are a couple of more examples.
Pretty much everyone will remember this 69 Polara which was in Carlisle and on ebay. Got no one interested in the US at 11k USD.
Now it is for sale in Holland for 18,9k EUR

1969 MOPAR Dodge Polara 500 Custom Coupe 383 V8 in Nord - Hamburg Ohlsdorf | Coupe gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen (ebay-kleinanzeigen.de)

Same dealer just bought this 72 Fury on ebay which was discussed here, too

MOPARMANIA - EXPECTED

Carsten

The new owner doesn’t care if the car sells or not I’m sure is like Ozark.

Even though the wheels are different and the roof is now painted black rather than V1Y gold vinyl, how many 1972 NYBs still have a perfect H7Y5 gold interior with an intact gold rim blow tilt wheel?

The ad says that the paint was redone in 2020, that the car was lowered, and that the valve covers were replaced with new Edelbrock ones -- so I strongly suspect that this is the same car. What makes me even more sure is the specific logo in the middle of the bench-wide front rubber floor mat.

I can't save them all, and black is not my favorite color, but I wonder if I should have followed the advice of @71Polara383...

View attachment 437292

View attachment 437293

View attachment 437294

it is a shame what happened to the car IMHO
But there are assholes everywhere on the planet.

Carsten

many guys including me bought a lot of C-bodies and saved them from their poor fate in the US.
They were supposed to die in demolition derbys , get parted out for their 440s and were left outside to rot into the ground.

I saved my 69 300 from the death in a demolition derby (2006), a 69 Monaco wagon with a 440(2007) as well as a 70 Monaco with 440 (2002) and a 1970 Polara vert (1999) all were planned to be parted out and got advertised that way.

When I was in the US from the mid 90s til roughly 2010 so many nice cars got killed for their engines by B&E-body guys.

A lot of C-bodies are only still alive because europeans saved them in these times when most americans treated them like dirt.

Carsten

@fc7_plumcrazy — do I know that 1970 Polara ‘vert? Got a pic handy by any chance?

I agree with what has been said before. It's sad to see that gold roof removed...

Regarding the price asked, here in europe, prices are getting crazy and it does not reflect the condition of the car.
For exemple, you can hardly find a decent old american car under 10K euros, and most of them are rusty and modified in a bad way (chrome valve cover, chrome air cleaner, cheap alloy wheels, loud mufflers...)

Back