Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE

posted on facebook 04/06/2020 in San Clemente CA

sellers description

Asking 11.000$

Here's my 1972 Plymouth Fury with a 440 magnum and Torqueflite 727. Figured I'd test the waters and see what I can get seeing as we can't go anywhere with covid going around. I'm the 2nd owner of this beauty and she's one heck of a ride. Think of a muscle car disguised as something you'd be able to take the whole family to Thanksgiving dinner in. Rides like a couch on wheels and has a sweet exhaust note that can lull you to sleep. She even has A/C and an electric rear window. Perfect for a family cruise to the car show or down to the beach. You'll get to hear a lot of stories from people who had these growing up too. Not too many of these left, someone told me in the neighborhood of 600 or so as they were used heavily in monster truck and derby shows back in the day. Anyways, I'd like to trade for an older truck if you have one of similar value. Preferably something a little beefier to tow a hay/log trailer once I get back to Michigan after this covid virus settles down.

852226396160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=kpsJuI2RkMQAX9vUvJm&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg

906898804736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=BwgqUzmlsOsAX9fIvJ6&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg

947873230848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=U5RgjC6DcrkAX8oHf8c&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg

235647606784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=2CaoFCIrZFAAX_GUnvd&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg

592524738560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=oQp5zh9QXCAAX-OY76m&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg

seems to be a nice car, looks like parchment interior.
dual exhaust & dual snorkel have been added which is good, doesnt say what rear gear, too bad no interior pics.
but i wouldnt be using the term "disguised muscle car" heheh.......
my 71 440 3:23 SG fury cs wagon is not a muscle car by any means ( dual exh, rebuilt eng, carb, trans and rear diff)

It's a REAL NICE wagon, I don't think white was a common color for them either. Plenty of punch with the 440, and AC for comfortable summer cruising...…...

seems to be a nice car, looks like parchment interior.
dual exhaust & dual snorkel have been added which is good, doesnt say what rear gear, too bad no interior pics.
but i wouldnt be using the term "disguised muscle car" heheh.......
my 71 440 3:23 SG fury cs wagon is not a muscle car by any means ( dual exh, rebuilt eng, carb, trans and rear diff)
Dual snorkel is correct for a T code. U code engines had the singke snorkel trap door unit

from hamtramck-historical data book for 72 furys.
says there was 1 440 available......
as far as i know the U code was a dual snorkel and not available on c body passenger cars in 72 but was on c body police cars; think it was available for b bodys.
dual snorkel T code was correct for 71 not 72.

72_Fury_17.jpg

Last edited:
440 Dodge and Plymouth wagons in '72 probably came with the dual snorkel, at least for part of the year. I've seen quite a few of them. Too many to believe that all those dual snorkels were added by the owners.

Jeff

72 Dodge Polara police car 440 T code single snorkel with trap door.
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG

I'd like to contact the owner of this Plymouth but am not a facebook member. Can someone who is forward his contact info to me?

Thanks
Will.

You never used them Rip?

I had them at the shop that did some other work replacing the entire third member (due to a torn up housing / wheel bearing), and they said the springs did not fit my '66 300. I haven't taken the time to verify whether or not that is true by attempting to install the springs myself. . . So they sit against the wall at The Garage Mahal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back