For Sale 72 Town & Country on Ebay - no reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

IwannaImp

Reaction score
Contact seller
Consensus? Needs TLC but how many of these wagons are even available?

1972 Chrysler Town & Country Town And Country | eBay

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Doesn't seem to need much TLC. I'm thinking the owners never had kids. It doesn't look like that far back seat has ever been sat in. Carpet, front kick panels and front seat upholstery need work. My biggest concern would be the engine, that always concerns me because you never know who did the swap and if they had any idea what they were doing. It should have the HD 727 "D34" but if the engine was swapped, is it still the HD trans? Price is low so far IMO.

this is a nice car. original, unmolested looking.

I dunno wagon values that well, and its sitting at $2500 as i write this. I cannot imagine it'll stay there as its early in the auction. i can see it at 3X+ that. I agree with shooter65's observations.

if its no reserve auction (appears that way) seller taking a risk it'll get stolen from 'em. or a bargain may be had by a buyer with some savvy bidding.

hope it does well.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Not bad at all. I second the concern regarding the swap but assuming the transmission was not a part of the deal, it's a pretty solid example that'll likely bring someone into the hobby at an agreeable price point. Spend a winter picking through the interior and tuning that mill and you'd have something really nice.

Pardon my ignorance on Fuselages, but, is that correct?

Screenshot_2017-03-01-10-40-37-022.jpeg

And, whazzat. Heater ram air?

Screenshot_2017-03-01-10-42-42-056.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like the valve may be right. Completely different than mine but it looks like the same part.

N heater control valve.jpg
72 heater control valve.JPG

Not the same car. This one is green, and the other was listed as and looks brown.

both listed an engine replacement with a 67-68 vintage mill. the CA car was rougher paint wise, but i thought might have been "freshened" in MO??

thanks!

Last edited:
I was wondering of color too, funny how it looks green in newer pictures and brown in old ones. But licence plate is same. I have more pictures from earlier owner, he friended me in facebook when I recognized this car when he bought it. He was the owner in California.

Not the same car. This one is green, and the other was listed as and looks brown.

both listed an engine replacement with a 67-68 vintage mill. the CA car was rougher paint wise, but i thought might have been "freshened" in MO??

thanks!

I was wondering of color too, funny how it looks green in newer pictures and brown in old ones. But licence plate is same. I have more pictures from earlier owner, he friended me in facebook when I recognized this car when he bought it. He was the owner in California.

Seems I was mistaken, and didn't pay attention to the details.:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back