727 rebuild options

727 Roadrunner options?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just keep in mind some valve body rebuild kits affect clutch and band timing and require extra springs in the clutch to make the clutch disengage before the band applies. Make sure you know what you are doing or you will have binding of the clutch and band. You can’t just rework a valve body anyway you want and have good results.

The Transgo TF-SC kit is as mild as they come and the only one I would consider for a C-body. It has very detailed instructions and comes with everything that's needed.

I wouldn't mess with anything from the big name catalog sites...

Trans-Go kits are excellent, you will not have a problem no matter which level/kit you go with. #2 always the best option if a part looks beat, or broken post up a picture here, I'm sure we will let you know if it is bad. Other than that just R and R wear parts and soft parts.

The Transgo TF-SC kit is as mild as they come and the only one I would consider for a C-body. It has very detailed instructions and comes with everything that's needed.

I wouldn't mess with anything from the big name catalog sites...
Yes the TFSC kit is mild and would be one a novice could install without internal transmission upgrades above stock components.

Trans-Go kits are excellent, you will not have a problem no matter which level/kit you go with.
Trans-go offers kits from the TF-SC to a full manual option TF-3. So no you can't just use any level of kit in the VB and expect perfect results. After the TF-1 level I start adding springs in the front clutch so you don't get a 2-3 bind.

Trans-go offers kits from the TF-SC to a full manual option TF-3. So no you can't just use any level of kit in the VB and expect perfect results. After the TF-1 level I start adding springs in the front clutch so you don't get a 2-3 bind.
They did not seem like the full manual kind of people. If they are going for somewhere HP/heavy duty well I would have to assume (my bad) they would also follow the FSM for a heavy duty/HP trans. Or at a minimum ask more questions. I see you point, I will not call out excellent products anymore for fear that someone may misuse them.
Seriously we are talking about a rebuild with a little warming up, but perpetuating automatic transmission voodoo is not particularly helpful.

I dropped the transmission off at the trans shop. The transmission has had a hard life, no movement forward or reverse. If it was my car the trans was going in, I would not hesitate doing the rebuild.
Thanks all for your input and contact information for transmission suppliers.

Back