727 transmission with an ear or knob at the side? Help

Hotrodharbor

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 65 NYer and I need to replace the transmission. Since it is hard to get parts here in The Netherlands I only have the choice of 1 transmission that is for sale.
In my car there was originally a 413 but since i bought it what an stuck engine i replaced it with a 1967 440.

The transmission that i can buy has a sort of knob on the side while other transmissions have an ear on that same spot.
Can somebody tell me what the difference is?
And are there other differences that i do not see?

Hi Guys,

I have a 65 NYer and I need to replace the transmission. Since it is hard to get parts here in The Netherlands I only have the choice of 1 transmission that is for sale.
In my car there was originally a 413 but since i bought it what an stuck engine i replaced it with a 1967 440.

The transmission that i can buy has a sort of knob on the side while other transmissions have an ear on that same spot.
Can somebody tell me what the difference is?
And are there other differences that i do not see?
can you send a picture of what you're describing?

Something you want to check out: In 1965 on IMPERIALS the transmission linkage was a Frankenstein, meaning that a CABLE operated the transmission just as it had with the 1964 and earlier models, but a SHIFT LEVER was the method of changing gears in the car-no more pushbuttons. This meant that the 65 transmission had more in common with 64 CABLE linkage than it did 66 and newer traditional rod linkage. They are not interchangeable. If this change applied all across the MOPAR line in 1965 (first year of NO pushbutton transmission since 1956) then for sure you need a 1965 Transmission and MAYBE a 64 will fit also. Check it out.

Back