1701700812200.png
1701700837200.png
1701700862212.png
1701700887700.png
1701701112877.png
1701700914028.png
1701700984432.png

Thank you for posting DP41K3F163818

Reminds me of this very similar Monaco that made the rounds on here quite a bit a few years ago...

Spotted in Palm Springs in 2020:

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

Spotted

A lot of money for the amount of bubbling on quarters that have been doctored.
Would look nice with dog dishes and black walls though.

A lot of money for the amount of bubbling on quarters that have been doctored.
I respectfully disagree. It does not look like the seller is hiding anything:

"The seller states that the car underwent rust repairs and was refinished in black under current ownership. (...) Blemishes in the paint are shown in the photo gallery below, and the seller notes rust spots on the hood and on the lower body."

FWIW, I find that the BaT auctions are a great format. They show tons of photos taken not by the seller but by an independent party, the auction runs for 7 days during which (and after which) anyone can ask questions to anyone (seller included but not the only one), and folks can comment (that is also the case on FCBO for "ads from other sites" -- thank you @Joeychgo -- something invaluable to the hobby), AND the photos, information, and comments remain there for folks to build up knowledge and keep track of cars.

I respectfully disagree. It does not look like the seller is hiding anything:

"The seller states that the car underwent rust repairs and was refinished in black under current ownership. (...) Blemishes in the paint are shown in the photo gallery below, and the seller notes rust spots on the hood and on the lower body."

FWIW, I find that the BaT auctions are a great format. They show tons of photos taken not by the seller but by an independent party, the auction runs for 7 days during which (and after which) anyone can ask questions to anyone (seller included but not the only one), and folks can comment (that is also the case on FCBO for "ads from other sites" -- thank you @Joeychgo -- something invaluable to the hobby), AND the photos, information, and comments remain there for folks to build up knowledge and keep track of cars.
I have sold one car on B.A.T. and while I was a little disappointed in the final selling price the overall experience was very good. It takes about a month from submission until the auction starts but the communication is good. You give the information and they write the ad so sometimes it can be a little vague but most concerns are addressed in the questions and comments. I would sell on there again although I would probably put a reserve on it.

I have sold one car on B.A.T. and while I was a little disappointed in the final selling price the overall experience was very good. (...) I would sell on there again although I would probably put a reserve on it.
That is the one issue with auctions: there is some luck involved. I remember the auction and was also disappointed that the price did not go higher as I had seen DH46J4D226622 in person -- the buyer got a very good deal.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is helpful.

Last edited:
I don’t think they’re trying to hide anything either, but it has that “previous body work” bubbling out which should be a concern if one were interested.

I’ve followed BaT since its early days and I still enjoy browsing through their auctions. Some exceptional stuff. However, I can’t help but feel it’s kind of become something of a puppy mill for hocking old cars. Still plenty of nice stuff but lots of lipsticked pigs.

Top car is a "K"-code and in the VIN. Interesting that an individual would order a car like this with as much as it has on it. I really like it!

A K means 360. Not enough MOJO in that 360 for a 73. Needs a BB
Yes, 360. Surprising to order a 360 on the top-of-the-line Dodge. This said, I'd venture a 360 does pretty well compared to a 400-2bbl. If I could find the right 1971 Polara 2dr or sedan (no 4dr Dodge hardtop for me) with a 360, I would not think twice.

Back