74 Fury III Added to the family

Line 4:
Judging by the SPD, your Build Sequence Number probably starts with 14, because I know a Dodge Monaco Brougham, VIN DP43M4F148094, with SPD B21. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
The upper door frame color codes are not documented (at least, I didn't find such documentation). KG7 would be some medium green. Hardtops have 000 here, as they don't have upper door frames.
Newark fender tags, as opposed to Belvidere tags, omit G11 = Tinted Glass, All in combination with H51. Your car should have tinted glass.
L31 and L81 are two options that were only available in the Light Package option group. Your car should have this package.

And on a general note, V5X = Body Side Molding; Black Insert was standard on Fury III's. Yet their fender tag mentions it, as if it were an option. On the other hand, no single 1974 Fury or Dodge fender tag I know of has a radio code, although most of them came with a radio. 1974 Chrysler and Imperial fender tags do have radio codes.

It does start with a 14.

As for the glass, I'll have to look. I don't remember it looking tinted, but the windshield does have the green fade in tint at the top.

The car does have a radio, in this case just AM.

Thanks for the information on the tag.

The “non-standard” pinstriping along the upper edge of the sides makes this car join a small group that was discussed here (post 14).

Looking at the details in the stripes, the stripes on your car most closely resemble the ones on the brown car shown there (no interruption on the rear door, no vertical downturn on the rear cap).

Is there any way to find out if the stripes are as old as the paint?

My car has been repainted and the pinstripe you see on it is a decal/sticker.

This was on craigslist from an estate i believe.Absolutely great color of vinyl top.Green.Looks fantastic.Congrats.B.B

I did see it on Craiglist in Atlanta, it did have a titled assigned by an executor. I don’t know it was on CL previously. Allegedly the car was sold new in NC, taken in trade in 1989 by the same dealer and was put in storage by the owner of the dealer as part of his collection. From there it sat until it was painted again at some point and the recently mechanically refreshed.

The only part of that that is documented is the recent refresh on the tank, carb, pump. That said, it seems possible.

Man oh man.. nice score. Thanks for saving her. No telling where she’d be with out ya. She in great shape too. Congrats

Back