76 New Yorker in Georgia

pcskies

Reaction score
I wanted to share this 76 New Yorker I am purchasing from an estate in Georgia. It is all original and has been parked inside for many years. It's in a tight spot so this picture is the best I have so far. It has a clean dark red leather interior. Can't wait to get this one home and give it some much needed attention. The plan is to keep it all original as much as possible.

76NewYorker.PNG
IMG_4949.jpg

Be careful with The Lean Burn. Consider getting it replaced. Also the Thermoquad. When working great - when not - oh well. ALSO THE ATC. Remember, parts are available through Mercedes for the ATC.

I unplugged the lean on one and installed a old distributor with points one wire to coil replaced the bunch of stock wires the car had. It ran better and fuel mileage was improved

Be careful with The Lean Burn. Consider getting it replaced. Also the Thermoquad. When working great - when not - oh well.
I agree. But!!! In California it won't pass Smog Inspection if the lean burn is off. I put it back on on my '79 360 Cordoba every other year when it had to have a Smog Check. Check your local Smog Laws first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 440's did not have lean burn in 76. In 76 only the 400's had lean burn. First year for lean burn in the 440 was 1977. Let me know if I'm not correct on that.

An update on this 76 New Yorker: I expect to have this car in my possession sometime this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 440's did not have lean burn in 76. In 76 only the 400's had lean burn. First year for lean burn in the 440 was 1977. Let me know if I'm not correct on that.

An update on this 76 New Yorker: I expect to have this car in my possession sometime this week.
Lean Burn was a MID YEAR introduction in for the 1976 model year.

Back