For Sale 77 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't dare make a guess or estimate, there are so many more well informed on this forum. I know of at least 2 :)

I'm not quite ready for a world of $10-$15k Cordobas regardless of mileage. In my mind these should still be $2-$5k cars. I'm seeing ads for run of the mill "survivor" cars for $20k around here! For $20k I could be driving a "survivor" 300 letter car....nope not ready for these to be in that class as much as I love the car......

I agree. I always wonder what they sell for (if they actually ARE for sale and not a "Gee honey, I'm tryin' ta sell it" thing)
This one...
00g0g_d575eyux0si_600x450.jpg
has been appearing on C/L (off and on) for a couple of years.
1975 Cordoba, rich Corinthian leather, very clean

The price on the charger has already dropped by $1k in the week or so it has been on c/l.

This is America yet isn't it? if some wants to buy something to sell it and make a profit they are entitled to do so. I personally think this car is priced too high especially when compared to my '79 Magnum GT. I have seen hundreds of vehicles here and have not called unless I think there is a chance to learn something and/or start a dialogue to a potential purchase.

I believe a car that is highly original with low miles ought to be used sparingly.
I can see that... but it would kill all ownership desire for me.
It is a hard decision to make. I drove the Cordoba over 400 miles round trip to Carlisle and it still is under 12,000 miles. It will probably hit that mark later this summer. We all need to remember that when every car that was ever made was meant to do one main thing.....be driven. Short of a museum piece, that is what should be done with them. Anyone who has been in this hobby for a short amount of time knows that the worst thing for a car to do is sit. If I average the mileage that I did with my Monaco over the same time period(25 years) my Cordoba will still be under 20,000 original miles 24 years from now! So,yea, drive the damn cars!
Your talking something like 400-500 miles a year... anything too much less might be considered neglect.

That is a beautiful car, but having the Leather Buckets, floor console and a 400 would make it much more desirable for that price.11,900? I don't know about that.

seeing these prices makes me think maybe i should finally go try to make a deal on that white 300 thats been in that guys barn for over ten years.

i agree btw,i used to buy this gen at unreal prices in very nice low miles.
like,600-900 tops.

I just passed on a 79 300, sunroof, 360, loaded, for 2.2k, had fresh paint, he started at 3500. If the blue car was a sunroof car, 7100 would be a bargain to me, yeah, Id drive it.

View attachment 134891 View attachment 134892 View attachment 134893
Can't believe you pass on that 300. Aside from a few goof ups on it looked pretty nice. Did the fender tag check out?

Same guy had these two for 500, I missed these by a few days thou.

View attachment 134894 View attachment 134895

I'm thinking of letting my 79 Ttop 300 go for $8.000. Original Texas car with original paint and about 35K on rebuild, 113K on car. Am I in the ball park?

DSCN1059.JPG

DSCN1062.JPG

DSCN1381.JPG

In all honesty, I was dealing with my Cordoba at the same time the Charger was for sale. I wanted and thankfully ended up with the Cordoba but would have paid $6900 (verbal offer/agreement with dealer)if I could not have come to terms on the 'Doba. Like these cars or not, I believe the price I was willing to pay at the time was quite fair. Asking price now is high, especially considering what I ended up paying for the Cordoba. In the same sense, try to find another one this clean. I did a lot of searching before I found my car and like it or not, you may have to pay more for a really clean car..... and trust me, there are not many worthy cars left from this era that don't need some serious reconditioning. Try to buy a "muscle" car in this condition at any where near this price :rofl:

I'm thinking of letting my 79 Ttop 300 go for $8.000. Original Texas car with original paint and about 35K on rebuild, 113K on car. Am I in the ball park?
I would say yes. I was looking at a one last year up in the Northeast with T-tops and supposedly 42,000 original miles and asking price was very similar. There were a few things that shied me away from that one. For me personally, I like all original and low mileage. If I was interested in yours that would be the two major things that would hold me back. Your car is certainly on the rare side, I think 200 made with T-tops?? That is a really BIG plus in my book. Nice car by the way!

legit car, also passed on a 77 daytona silver / black, sunroof (rusty) and a doppelganger to pete's magnum in cordoba metal. Not easy to pass as they don't come up often around this part of the country. The hunt continues...

On the positive side, I sold a 79'300 a year ago that was really rough. Rust in the quarters,Interior shot,bad windshield,electrics not working. for $1,800.00 to a young kid that wanted to fix up an old car. it did run well, but toasty. There is a group of young people out there with Interest in the 70's cars. I bought my 77' In Texas because it clearly had 37k or so on it. But I went to the trouble because the car was a 400 with buckets, and had the 9 1/4 rear, among numerous other rare options. and, no Vinyl top. That was Important to me.
I haven't seen any others lately that would make me regret my decision. However, I have to say the early rally wheels really look nice on the 77' charger. I had not seen that before. HMMMN? On a Cordoba? Maybe.(thinking,thinking)

Saw a egg shell white 77 Charger SE LE, the one with the Magnum style grill and padded top going the opposite way yesterday. That is one rare car. didn't know there was one around here. I used to have a silver one. They only came in three colors silver, egg shell white and ? Finally got to park Petes and mine Ttops together last Sunday, with no help from Pete! in Appleton Wi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back