For Sale 78 NYB in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

IwannaImp

Reaction score
Contact seller
I wouldn't be cynical in thinking that "I bought this car on impulse and now have other priorities" really means "there's a boatload things that need to be fixed and now I'm in way over my head" - would I??

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 72k ALL ORIGINAL MILES very clean

00m0m_3ki71Jy68zx_600x450.jpg

01010_laIpQZzMeo7_600x450.jpg

00000_gitaO7rhigG_600x450.jpg

This guy probably acquired this car from a house (estate) that he is flipping. He doesn't know jack about the car and can't read the mileage correct....it has 107,000 miles. On the good side the interior looks very nice except for the cracked steering wheel (minor cracks that I can see). It is a manual A/C car. This car has been sitting for a long time....you can see the dust on the dash. On the other hand the wipers don't work.... Looks like the rear quarters are rotted. Have to check with eyeballs to verify. Also have the check for rust under the vinyl. These Formal cars hide that critical area so well in pictures...especially crappy pictures like these. This car would be worth $5k if it was completely rust free and the drive train runs decent. The A/C probably doesn't work but with a manual A/C system they are easy to fix.

Stan...

I'm hearing that there is a work around for the wiper issue on the 78's. I haven't verified it or tried it yet... My 78 Newport still has the big cam working but I'm going to try this fix once it fails.

I was talking to a couple of guys on the Keep Mopar "C" Bodies alive and roll'n website and on of them said that they used the wiper motor crank from a 79 Cordoba and the 79 big cam or the orange repop that Murray is selling will work. That would be cool if it works....no cutting or welding.

I agree with Bob, bought it while listing the house and is trying to get a quick flip. Bob beat me to the mileage, the owner must be younger then 35-40 if he doesn't remember odometers without a 100,000 digit.

I bet that the last time this car was registered or on the road was at least a decade ago.

It looks like the left side of the front bumper is yanked out too.

I wouldn't be cynical in thinking that "I bought this car on impulse and now have other priorities" really means "there's a boatload things that need to be fixed and now I'm in way over my head" - would I??

1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 72k ALL ORIGINAL MILES very clean

00m0m_3ki71Jy68zx_600x450.jpg

01010_laIpQZzMeo7_600x450.jpg

00000_gitaO7rhigG_600x450.jpg
I like it... but overpriced IMO... and I doubt the wipers work correctly if at all... but Bob knows the cure.

If it speaks to you it would be worth at least a call.
This guy probably acquired this car from a house (estate) that he is flipping. He doesn't know jack about the car and can't read the mileage correct....it has 107,000 miles. On the good side the interior looks very nice except for the cracked steering wheel (minor cracks that I can see). It is a manual A/C car. This car has been sitting for a long time....you can see the dust on the dash. On the other hand the wipers don't work.... Looks like the rear quarters are rotted. Have to check with eyeballs to verify. Also have the check for rust under the vinyl. These Formal cars hide that critical area so well in pictures...especially crappy pictures like these. This car would be worth $5k if it was completely rust free and the drive train runs decent. The A/C probably doesn't work but with a manual A/C system they are easy to fix.
I don't see the evidence of rust, but those pics really don't tell much. I like the roof painted, and that will help eliminate some of those hiding places.

I think you're dead on with the realtor/flipper theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back