79 300 Restoration

Nice 300 @DeltaV Funny how mine has the same rust around the tags even though it's been in DRY Phoenix it's whole life. They must've left the underside un painted. I'll take mine off and see when I get to it.

more fans
B-Bodies Only suffers from the snobbery of escalating values on second-generation Chargers and Superbirds. I think some of their members grudgingly accept that B-bodies were produced through 1979. C-Bodies Only has a fraction of the traffic of the B-body site; therefore, one specific car can command a percentage of greater attention.

Always been a fan of the 79 300, just never lucky enough to pick up one. I have an 82 Imperial that's been waiting on me for about 25 yrs. Hoping to get started on her in the spring. Keep us updated on your progress.

20211127_131555.jpg

Dad had a 300 demo when he worked for the local C-P-D dealer. I absolutely loved that car! Another car I kinda keep an eye out for in the wild.

Always been a fan of the 79 300, just never lucky enough to pick up one. I have an 82 Imperial that's been waiting on me for about 25 yrs. Hoping to get started on her in the spring. Keep us updated on your progress.

View attachment 564474
There were so many times I thought about buying one of those Imperials when they first came out.

Then, one weekend, I drove by a dealership in Ft. Worth, Texas and saw at least a dozen of them sitting in the back lot covered with a lot of dust. Red flag! I went back a few months later and they were still there and dirty as ever. I didn't go back again.

To this day it's a nice looking car. They would make a nice "sleeper" car...put in a well built 360 and some other upgrades.

Did they provide dimensions for locating/positioning the stripes?

There were so many times I thought about buying one of those Imperials when they first came out.

Then, one weekend, I drove by a dealership in Ft. Worth, Texas and saw at least a dozen of them sitting in the back lot covered with a lot of dust. Red flag! I went back a few months later and they were still there and dirty as ever. I didn't go back again.

To this day it's a nice looking car. They would make a nice "sleeper" car...put in a well built 360 and some other upgrades.
Yeah, I bought her cheap in 92. Had fits with the original fi. We had just put in the then bran new Holley throtlebody set up, when she threw 2 rods. Got the new engine in and the alternate burnt the wiring. She has set like that since 95. Plan is to drop a modern hemi and Transmission in her. Just have to get my 66 Galaxie, setting almost as long, finished this winter.

The original stripes are still on my car. I can take measurements if you want to double check anything.
Thanks, I appreciate that but mine is mostly all original paint with most of the factory stripe still there.

Took the seats out today so I can bring them to my upholsterer. Now it's time to start on the prep and paint.
20221105_140601.jpg
20221105_140637.jpg
20221105_140713.jpg

Back