8 track player for the new yorker

They had the cable in 1970...

IMG_1548.JPG

Alan

I'm saying that making up a longer lead-in cable doesn't require gobs of engineering. The engineer tells the parts specification guys that he wants to mount the antenna in the quarter panel and needs a cable from the antenna that's "X" feet "Y" inches long, and the parts spec guys call the supplier and says "We need "Z" number of cables that are "X" feet, "Y" inches long, and the supplier says "OK, I'll ship them on such and such a date."

Alan threw the smoking gun on the table............ I am more convinced now.... but need to know for certain

Keep in mind that they did this because of the fiberglass hood. No fiberglass hood, no need to relocate the antenna.

Alan

for the most part is just speculation on our parts till l can provide you folks cold hard facts
did prievious owner and brother do?..wont know till l talk to brother
numbers on cable and a PN from the unit itself will say a lot
when l was on the way to another project stopped by storage and cleaned out trunk just to see what prievious owner had gathered up...see some stuff from the parts car he had ie black dash and instrument panel..also found another center pod cassette player..no idea where he got that and couple oem radios to...anyway took a vid of it all and in vid at 1.07 have a good vid of the power antenna...would be interesting to see how that cuda was set up in regards to frame..wouldn't be surprised if one guy in factory did them all and would think theyd be similar in regards to material and bolts ect used.....

video

appoligies l cant provide more info at this point but my time is limited and generaly never in the area..actually hada steal 2 hrs from my work just to stop on way by and clean out trunk..give me mnth and will get PN offa unit if l can...two mnths and will see if fender had been patched..no sighn of one and fender is orriginall to car re wear/stipes ect so time will tell..
paitience..l git that info them we can make a informed decision on whats up...

That power antenna in the trunk is just like the factory ones used in the 1960 - 1965 model years. In those years, you could specify front or rear for the power antenna. But in 1970 - 1971, I am only familiar with power antennas being in the right front fender. I also had a 1970 300 Hurst with the fiberglass hood and decklid, and its power antenna was also in the right front fender.

Keep in mind that they did this because of the fiberglass hood. No fiberglass hood, no need to relocate the antenna.

Alan

OK......but the fender isn't....so why?

The AAR photo made me stand back and think . I still don't believe they installed them on the quarter.

Does it have something to do with interference that the glass hood won't block?

Does it have something to do with interference that the glass hood won't block?

I was trying to think why also .. good question Matt.

I was wondering if it had to do with stress being transferred to the fiberglass hood or preventing damage to the fiberglass hood or additional stiffening needed in fenders of fiberglass hood cars being in the way ... but none of that even made any sense to me LOL

No extra bracing was necessary on fiberglass hood cars that's for sure.

OK......but the fender isn't....so why?

The AAR photo made me stand back and think . I still don't believe they installed them on the quarter.

This is the standard antenna location for the AAR Cuda and T/A Challengers. I have always understood it to be because of the fiberglass hood.

Alan

That would make sence ,, wouldnt take much to rip it out ie kids ect Even good walop would crack paint at least
Hopein some one can positively id that unit one way or other

for the most part is just speculation on our parts till l can provide you folks cold hard facts
did prievious owner and brother do?..wont know till l talk to brother
numbers on cable and a PN from the unit itself will say a lot
when l was on the way to another project stopped by storage and cleaned out trunk just to see what prievious owner had gathered up...see some stuff from the parts car he had ie black dash and instrument panel..also found another center pod cassette player..no idea where he got that and couple oem radios to...anyway took a vid of it all and in vid at 1.07 have a good vid of the power antenna...would be interesting to see how that cuda was set up in regards to frame..wouldn't be surprised if one guy in factory did them all and would think theyd be similar in regards to material and bolts ect used.....

video

appoligies l cant provide more info at this point but my time is limited and generaly never in the area..actually hada steal 2 hrs from my work just to stop on way by and clean out trunk..give me mnth and will get PN offa unit if l can...two mnths and will see if fender had been patched..no sighn of one and fender is orriginall to car re wear/stipes ect so time will tell..
paitience..l git that info them we can make a informed decision on whats up...

The mounting brackets running to the floor look pretty legit. I'm not wild about seeing the lamp cord running forward on the car from the antenna motor itself.

Who's got a '70'71 parts book? If the antenna legitimately is mounted at the rear, there'll be a listing for an uber long lead-in cable running up to the front of the car.

the plot thickens and have this big grin on my face for some reason..just got off the phone with prievious owners brother who is also a mopar guy...story gos as follows..
GT sold outa Browne Motors Prince Albert Saskatewan...prievious owner remembered it on lot new...
fella that bought it new passed on and his brother got it and parked it....
fella l got the car from and one that saw it new..was looking at another car and seen the GT next door...needless to say he forgot about the car he was there to buy and bought the GT next door.
so..is orriginall owner new..his brother inherited and parked..then the guy l bought it from got it...
asked about antenna...they never touched..was orriginall to car when they got it
now the fun begins...find the brother of the orriginall owner..no clues to start...guessin registry or similar might be good start..

k..found couple more closeup pics one with some visable numbers page 2
http://cbodydrydock.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?163116.10#post_166481

also have something else l need to check...huntin parts and cme across cassette knob on ebay with old type comp certicard sorta dealy...imagine most parts came with one..in anycase found one in car with pn on it...will dig it up and take a pic..may have something to do with cassette or something else...
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...0&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1

story continues...just of the phone with the fella that's doin the restoration to my GT...he swears up and down that the power antenna is oem...factory pig tails..brackets ect ect..said this is the way it left the factory so am all excited about this find&info...and the real good news was he was drivein the bloody thing 70 mph down the hyway to see what was working and what wasn't..apparently trany rearend and engine ran flawlessly once he blew the mice out the tailpipe lmao..that explains a few things...l am so stoked right now you folks have no idea...gona be a spring reveal 2016....pics of the ole gal on a spit to come in few weeks :O)....woooooot

Never seen you so excited.....

lapse of judgement...will take me week to git rid of this grin and get my scowl back...just happy restoration progress has started in ernest..the fact that he was able to drive it 70 mph blew me away because for me loading it on and off trailers..feathering gas and in low was only way l could get it on trailer between the sputering and stalling..
anyway it gets put on the rack shortly and pics will be comeing in time and yes stan will start a thread for the build in the next couple months as he dosnt do the internet and l haven't seen home since april...such is life

Back