Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine
I'd drive it

1981 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue Edition

loaded 81 New Yorker, Fifth Avenue package, leather, moonroof, full power, aluminum wheels.
318 2v auto, cruise, tilt, a/c etc new sun roof seals
paint is dull and will not polish up, needs paint.
runs and drives well, just had oil changed. 2200

00C0C_5WUR9afO0Mf_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_10bX8SzJRcA_600x450.jpg
00f0f_1myTRzYvoXJ_600x450.jpg
00L0L_k3WNqPHPM1j_600x450.jpg

Sharp looking car! I have an all dark brown '81 standard New Yorker. A big problem with these cars is that the moulded vinyl parts are starting break down and get that sticky coating on them. My dash and arm rests have been slowly getting sticky over the last few years, and the car has been garaged since 1999.

Jeff

I would volunteer to put eyes on this beauty for expenses paid....just sayin :)

Victoria BC is beautiful anytime of the year

Sharp looking car! I have an all dark brown '81 standard New Yorker. A big problem with these cars is that the moulded vinyl parts are starting break down and get that sticky coating on them. My dash and arm rests have been slowly getting sticky over the last few years, and the car has been garaged since 1999.

Jeff

I vaguely remembering hearing of a product for that very issue. Let me look around in my files and see if I can find it.

I vaguely remembering hearing of a product for that very issue. Let me look around in my files and see if I can find it.

It would be great if there was something to fix that. I have the same issue on many of the older cars too. "69-'70 Chrysler dashes seem to be particularly bad for it.

Jeff

????? My '79 New Yorker has none of those problems mentioned....nor does my '78 NY'r St regis Coupe or my '79 Dodge Magnum G.T.

I've had a problem with 2 dash pads B2 blue fading to brown.....like the blue dye just disappears on my 78 NYB.

As far as that sticky Surface is concerned, a thorough cleaning with Spirit or isopropyl could help, but I can only speak for some sort of rubber/plastic used on a European GM make. A try at some inconspicous spot is recommended.

????? My '79 New Yorker has none of those problems mentioned....nor does my '78 NY'r St regis Coupe or my '79 Dodge Magnum G.T.

Maybe it depends on the color, or if the car was garaged since new. None of my cars have been garage kept since new, only while under my ownership. I have some NYB dashpads in my parts collection that are starting to get sticky also. A tan one and a green one. The 81 NY'er interior is dark brown like the one in the add. Have an 81 Imperial dash in dark blue that's going bad too.

I've had a problem with 2 dash pads B2 blue fading to brown.....like the blue dye just disappears on my 78 NYB.

The tan pad in my ‘75 has been fading for a while too. Almost the whole top of the pad is brown now. Luckily you don’t see it while in the car, the way its angled.

Mr C pointed out a while ago, that the black pads are the only ones that don’t do it in the formals. Maybe the black ones are molded in black plastic/vynal?? Idk..

SEM will be my cure in the future

What a nice car. Love the color combo, lots of options, would definatsly like to own this as a daily driver. From new I always found the rear door design with the opera window/ small window design a bit odd, but it wouldn't stop me from driving it.

$2200 Cdn.... that's almost free in U.S. currency. I've always liked these models.

I hope someone here can get it.

Oh lord this is killing me. I love that combo, plus weird/unloved, plus I loved those as a dumb little kid. (I had a few catalogs where I'd pretend to check the order boxes.)

Oh yeah I have a complete running '00 small block/overdrive combo and a 3.55 axle that would wake that baby right the hell up.

I keep telling myself "if this is still out there in February..."

Chrysler New Yorker

Now see my other thread where I complain about no space. I wish I could care about exotic crap I couldn't afford like a Ferrari, but I know I'd have more fun playing with an R-body.

6d5c35f4372d1307bfdcec8c600cf2ab7a05198f6faac0eb0b9a276cbcd80be3.jpg

Those CMX wheels were an oppition on these cars! Mine did not have the sun roof or wheels, also had a 79 5th and 80 Mirada CMX Ttop years ago, Wish I could have this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back