NOT MINE !969 Imperial LeBaron. Sad ad.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
1969 Chrysler LeBaron
1665702413889.png

Seller's Description​

1969 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 4 door. Solid body, original miles. Fully loaded for its day with accessories. Each door has it's own cigarette lighter, there's cushions on the inside walls in the back seat, hidden compartments etc. You're buying a cool car that sat for many years. A/C, power seats, power windows, power antenna, hideaway headlights, etc. No motor, no transmission. $5000 price is obo call/text only please [hidden information] I will not respond to "Is this still available?" messages. Located in Highgate, Ont.

Looks pretty...but another Onterrible car. Need to have many detailed pics of rust areas, stub frame etc. Also assurances that the engine was pulled without cutting the wiring etc to shreds.

As it stands way overpriced for a roller with many unanswered questions.

Sad indeed.

Looks like a really nice interior but definitely overpriced.

Only an *** clown sees that car as an organ donor. Some peoples moms should have swallowed them.

Im more of a "Live and let live" guy. their money, their car.

I know from what I can see, I would NOT have harvested the powertrain. doesn't seem to be a rust bucket.

That said, tearing the heart outta this one is tough to understand. chaps my *** a bit ... :(

seller has their reasons I guess.

1665773494941.png
1665773518985.png
1665773546251.png
1665773572832.png
1665773605796.png

I know three guys that would not have hesitated in pulling the drive line from Tux or TB.

Nice looking Imperial. Does look clean, but those rockers do look crusty. Too bad it got harvested.

I bet this car is a you get what you see car and that is it, from the rust that is seen I bet the bottom is gone. This is probably more a parts donor than a project.

Alan

I agree, this is a sad ad. However, if the price was lower you could definitely get some good parts. Plus, it has the rear air option (additional button on dash by the clock) and check out the 8-track tape player. The bumpers look decent, plus a bunch of interior parts, electrical motors, possible brake parts. Surprisingly, the top does not seem to be rusting too bad under the vinyl. The parts for these are getting harder to find every day.

if the price was lower you could definitely get some good parts. Plus, it has the rear air option (additional button on dash by the clock) and check out the 8-track tape player. The bumpers look decent, plus a bunch of interior parts, electrical motors, possible brake parts. Surprisingly, the top does not seem to be rusting too bad under the vinyl. The parts for these are getting harder to find every day.
^ This. If I had a '69, I would buy this one for parts. The interior looks to be in excellent shape, and I suspect there is a green car owner out there who could use some of them.

--> Do we have the tag for records?

^ This. If I had a '69, I would buy this one for parts. The interior looks to be in excellent shape, and I suspect there is a green car owner out there who could use some of them.

--> Do we have the tag for records?
You are correct, I have a 69 Imperial, and I can tell you from experience the parts are getting harder to find every day. Many people do not realize how many parts are unique to the Imperial, even though it is considered a C-body. I am sure DetMatt knows what I am talking about and many other Imperial owners. Hopefully, someone will see the value of the car and at least get it for parts so it does not end up being crushed or turned into a derby car.

1969 Chrysler LeBaron
View attachment 562739

Seller's Description​

1969 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 4 door. Solid body, original miles. Fully loaded for its day with accessories. Each door has it's own cigarette lighter, there's cushions on the inside walls in the back seat, hidden compartments etc. You're buying a cool car that sat for many years. A/C, power seats, power windows, power antenna, hideaway headlights, etc. No motor, no transmission. $5000 price is obo call/text only please [hidden information] I will not respond to "Is this still available?" messages. Located in Highgate, Ont.
Shame somebody pulled the motor and trans. Still quite a few 440's left out there that are nit in classics like this one.

Onterrible car.
"Onterrible"...LOL. I came across a former Ontario car for sale in Oklahoma recently. It had been here for over 25 years. 1980 New Yorker Fifth Avenue. Not a bad car for a grand, but I passed on it. It had a lot of underbody rust, but the rockers and fenders were decent.

Yup, another 440 ripped out from what appears to be a halfway-decent car in order to make yet another fake 440 A/B/E car.

Nice interior except the dash which I have always felt was just a little too generic for a luxury car. I wouldn't turn it down but I sure would expect more.

For styling, I love the '69 - '71 Imperials. I agree that the dash is pretty plain for what the car is. I like the way the design engineers laid everything out, and the lighting is just gorgeous. But the beauty of the '61 dash gradually went to what we see in 1969. A beautiful and elegant exterior with a relatively plain interior. I'd own one, regardless!

Is that a black or dark green exterior?

Back