A-833, 23 vs 18 spline

Bigasawhale2

Reaction score
Frequent visitor - shy poster

My commissioned 440 stroker is complete - 599hp / torque 736 ftlbs to go in a 68 Newport 2dr. My intended goal, occasional drag race - to beat my chevy friend, durable street car.

I am second guessing my 23 spline A-833 - vs an 18 spline.

Has anybody had experience with Passon's conversion 18 spline - overdrive unit

Frequent visitor - shy poster

My commissioned 440 stroker is complete - 599hp / torque 736 ftlbs to go in a 68 Newport 2dr. My intended goal, occasional drag race - to beat my chevy friend, durable street car.

I am second guessing my 23 spline A-833 - vs an 18 spline.

Has anybody had experience with Passon's conversion 18 spline - overdrive unit

Damn, some good numbers there. I'd be concerned about EVERYTHING from the flexplate back with that engine! Keep a bucket in the trunk to pick up the pieces and put AAA on speed dial for a tow if you haven't upgraded the trans, rear-end, rear suspension, and rear frame suspension attachments .

PS - You might not get a chance to blow the doors off your chevy buddy if you blow up everything from the engine back once you drop that hammer down on the gas pedal. LOL Awesome numbers.

That much torque with a stickshift + any semblance of traction will surely destroy an 8-3/4" also.
You're gonna need $5000 worth of driveline and suspension to harness that engine.

Thanks for the replies....I have a Dana spec'd out, but probably sink the cash into tranny upgrade, potentially with the Passon conversion first.

Back