A Formal on a Ford lot

And you didn’t give that A whole a piece of your mind!!. I’d been three kinds of pissed if I had driven that far and had an appointment and after arriving they tell me it’s sold. :mad:

Oh how I bit my tongue. But I did make a jab about being way over priced. And mentioned that I nearly purchased that very car last summer. Commenting that I was out bid a 2k and nothing is different at 7k.
But I see they still have it listed as available!
:soapbox:

Anybody want to hear another good update. This afternoon I received a call wanting me to reschedule my appointment with the dealership. Had a good laugh and said no since they sold the New Yorker and didn't notify me. Again complained about driving all the way up to Zumbrota for nothing.
I then get another call not 5 minutes later to tell me it's not sold. Just how in the hell does that dealership sell any cars.

Different salesmen, chasing the commission?
Or steering you away because the commission goes to somebody else? I have had realtors do that to me more than once.

Anybody want to hear another good update. This afternoon I received a call wanting me to reschedule my appointment with the dealership. Had a good laugh and said no since they sold the New Yorker and didn't notify me. Again complained about driving all the way up to Zumbrota for nothing.
I then get another call not 5 minutes later to tell me it's not sold. Just how in the hell does that dealership sell any cars.
Sounds like this dealer doesn’t know his elbow from his A-hole.

Sounds like this dealer doesn’t know his elbow from his A-hole.
And I quote the sales manager that called today, " well, we still have that car on the website so I'd say we haven't sold it yet.":BangHead:

Everything's telling me to run far, far away But another part of me really wants to be a thorn in their A**.
Hey maybe they'll pay me to drive it way.:lol:

Well I finally got do the inspection of this NYB on Saturday.
First off it is a 78, although apparently the front end and driver's door are from a 76. Had fun with the young salesman on the non matching sticker and windshield vin. You should of seen that poor guys face when I started to pick the New Yorker apart.

It seemed pretty solid except in the driver's side trunk drop down. Found it funny that sometime in the week the dealership "fixed" and "detailed" the interior. Looks and smelled like a painted headliner to me and added duct tape. The 400 ran ruff but started to smooth out towards the end of the test drive. I've never driven a Lean Burn equiped motor so is that common?

I didn't purchase this one as we were still 3 grand apart. Apparently the dealership would be losing a ton of money on my deal. So I think I'll hold out for a base Monaco or Gran Fury coupe.
IMG_20210320_140708362_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
3 grand apart? You wouldn't go anymore than five hundred? That's holding the line there.
If the car was hit hard enough to need a new front wrap and a door, your better off without it. They will eventually dump it when they get tired of wasting time and space.

I always love how professional car slingers say their in so deep on some car.

Really? How the hell do you stay in business making decisions like that?

What? Oh your full of ****? I see, yea that all makes perfect sense.

3 grand apart? You wouldn't go anymore than five hundred? That's holding the line there.
If the car was hit hard enough to need a new front wrap and a door, your better off without it. They will eventually dump it when they get tired of wasting time and space.

I always love how professional car slingers say their in so deep on some car.

Really? How the hell do you stay in business making decisions like that?

What? Oh your full of ****? I see, yea that all makes perfect sense.
I felt with everything I pointed out that I was well with in my $1,500 offer. But the sales manager was only willing to knock $500 off the sticker. I really wonder if they can legally sell a car with non operational safety equipment. ie no windshield wipers and only one known front seatbelt latch.

Back