A good mechanic

Gtguy

Reaction score
Hey C Body folks,
I'm looking for a trusted mechanic capable of doing engine & rear end work on a 78 Dodge in SW or central WI. Can anyone make a referral?
Thanks
Al

Not near that area, but curious of the issues you've got?

Hello cbody67,

79 Magnum GT 400 ci: purchased 2 years ago from original owner. Since my purchase, car has had a rpm based shudder/vibration. Occurs low rpm, whether drivetrain is engaged, or not. Smooths out above 1k and highway speeds. Early on I suspected a bad plug/wire, and although one plug wire had an obvious crack, I changed wires/ plugs out and still had the same problem. Also checked timing and adjusted per previous thread advice w no change in symptoms. It has an Edlebrock 650cfm which seems to be operating properly. I find no vacuum leaks. Fortunately, the OO kept every service record since new, and it's extensive. The tramission was replaced in 15 with a remanufactured one, and I wonder if that event created the symptom: from what I've read this is supposed to be externally balanced engine. Is it possible that they didn't put the balancing weights on the on the torque converter? Hence my desire to have a mechanic diagnose. The harmonic balancer doesn't seem to have any play or give, but admittedly, not sure I have enough experience to know if it's good or bad. Between my declining health, and time demands, I'm at a point where if I'm gonna get any enjoyment out of this, I need to get some help. I've read many of your contributions on this board, and respect your knowledge on all things mopar, so appreciate any thoughts you have on this matter. Thank you sir. Btw i questioned the OO about this matter before i purchased and he said it was due to installing a more agressive cam. There are no records of a cam replacement, i supect there never was.

Back