Air Grabber Hood Kit

Fantastic work Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a website where you post work and progress updates by chance?

If something is worth doing, its worth doing right! Nice job Chris!

I'm glad you're still very active over there. It would kill me if Fins went belly up.

We had a super tight group up at MassMopar that were there from the beginning and it died when the owner of the forum died on the birthday he went online. There wasn't a dry eye in the house :'(

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I'm glad you're still very active over there. It would kill me if Fins went belly up.

We had a super tight group up at MassMopar that were there from the beginning and it died when the owner of the forum died on the birthday he went online. There wasn't a dry eye in the house :'(

Posted via Topify on Android

Good ole "Ted Atanowski" may he Rest In Peace in MOPAR HEAVEN :eek:ccasion14:

Super work Chris, both body (welding, fabrication, repair) and paint results are truly stunning. All your surfaces are straight and flat - very impressive - like a mirror. I know of only one other guy that does similar work to such a high quality level on Mopars mostly, and he is always overloaded too. Your prices are very reasonable for what you do. I really appreciate guys who only do one level of quality work such as yours, still love the Mopars, and are personable. All the best!!

Steve

Chris, I was wondering, if you don't mind, letting us know what brands of filler, primer, reducers, base coat and clear coat you prefer after all these years of doing such good work. I showed my body/paint guy some of your work, and he too is impressed. You guys are so much alike. Since products are changing so much, he was wondering which you favor at this time. You could PM me if you prefer. Thanks very much!

Steve

Just saw the post, beautiful work, I know some C's look good with some hood scoops any one ever see one with an air grabber grafted on?

Here's the finished product. All painted and striped with the under hood parts installed.

Do you have any of the finished under hood pics Chris? How long was the total time for the hood conversion?

I've seen reproduction A/G hoods, AMD I think. Do you have any experience with those and would you recommend those over this kit?

Do you have any of the finished under hood pics Chris? How long was the total time for the hood conversion?

I've seen reproduction A/G hoods, AMD I think. Do you have any experience with those and would you recommend those over this kit?

I haven't seen an AMD air grabber hood in person but I suspect they are pretty good judging by the other hoods they make that I have used. Of course you still need all the under hood parts so going with the conversion kit might be a little cheaper. I will get a picture of the underside later today. The under hood stuff looks pretty good other than the orange on the flap is too brown. That's an easy fix though. The actual labor time for the conversion was right around 8 hours.

Thanks Chris. I have a 70 A/G hood for my N96 70 RR .. it's a litte rusty but complete. That's why I'm asking :)

Back