ALL CARS CRUSHED!!!

Still plenty of Hoards left in Georgia I'm sure...

CAR HOARD #001.jpg

Have a look at White GA. plenty of cars under those trees.

CAR HOARD #001sv.jpg

Does this place in White, GA sell parts? I am actually going to be driving down 75 tomorrow and Tuesday, passing right by this place. What's the name of it? Thanks.

Does this place in White, GA sell parts? I am actually going to be driving down 75 tomorrow and Tuesday, passing right by this place. What's the name of it? Thanks.

Sadly no it's considered a museum.
https://www.oldcarcityusa.com/

But up the road just north of Fairmount & White GA is a all Mopar yard called AMS Obsolete.
I think the only discussion I remember about them on here is that they are very expensive.
AMS Obsolete Home Page

AMS Obsolete....WOW. I had the opportunity this morning to visit AMS Obsolete outside of Fairmount, GA, and man what an experience. It's about 15 or so miles off of I-75 in rural Georgia, and once you travel into the driveway you see dozens and dozens of old Mopars in the woods surrounding the buildings.
I wandered in the wrong entrance to one of the large buildings. Shelves stacked to the rafters with parts. Aisles and aisles and aisles of parts. Rooms with parts. It was simply mind-boggling. Andrew found me wandering about, so we went to his computer to see if they had some of the parts I needed, and frankly how on Earth could they NOT have them?
I needed the trim moulding piece for the right front fender on my Newport, and he looked it up in the big catalog, then found the part number, then looked it up on the computer, then walked three aisles over and climbed up and pulled the NOS piece off a shelf up near the rafters. Amazing. I needed an air cleaner assembly, so he sent the nephew out to the yard of some 600 cars, and he returned with a nice used unit, $75. The trim piece was quoted at $195 (NOS, never installed), but I offered $150 and that's what I paid. The NOS headlight switch at $295 was too rich for my blood.
While the nephew was getting the air cleaner, Andrew invited me to walk the yard, so I spent about 15 minutes wandering through acres of old Mopars from any decade you can think of. It was mind-blowing. I did not stop at the old car city place just down the road, as I felt the $25 admission fee was too much, and since I'd just walked the yard at AMS, I'd seen quite a few old cars that morning.
I would highly recommend to any old Mopar fan to go and visit this place. It's just a 20 minute drive off of I-75, about an hour north of Atlanta. They definitely have anything you need, no matter how old or obsolete. The prices? Well, where else are you going to find some of this stuff?

P7290019.JPG

P7290027.JPG

P7290022.JPG

P7290026.JPG

AMS Obsolete....WOW. I had the opportunity this morning to visit AMS Obsolete outside of Fairmount, GA, and man what an experience. It's about 15 or so miles off of I-75 in rural Georgia, and once you travel into the driveway you see dozens and dozens of old Mopars in the woods surrounding the buildings.
I wandered in the wrong entrance to one of the large buildings. Shelves stacked to the rafters with parts. Aisles and aisles and aisles of parts. Rooms with parts. It was simply mind-boggling. Andrew found me wandering about, so we went to his computer to see if they had some of the parts I needed, and frankly how on Earth could they NOT have them?
I needed the trim moulding piece for the right front fender on my Newport, and he looked it up in the big catalog, then found the part number, then looked it up on the computer, then walked three aisles over and climbed up and pulled the NOS piece off a shelf up near the rafters. Amazing. I needed an air cleaner assembly, so he sent the nephew out to the yard of some 600 cars, and he returned with a nice used unit, $75. The trim piece was quoted at $195 (NOS, never installed), but I offered $150 and that's what I paid. The NOS headlight switch at $295 was too rich for my blood.
While the nephew was getting the air cleaner, Andrew invited me to walk the yard, so I spent about 15 minutes wandering through acres of old Mopars from any decade you can think of. It was mind-blowing. I did not stop at the old car city place just down the road, as I felt the $25 admission fee was too much, and since I'd just walked the yard at AMS, I'd seen quite a few old cars that morning.
I would highly recommend to any old Mopar fan to go and visit this place. It's just a 20 minute drive off of I-75, about an hour north of Atlanta. They definitely have anything you need, no matter how old or obsolete. The prices? Well, where else are you going to find some of this stuff?

View attachment 305673

View attachment 305675

View attachment 305677

View attachment 305678

I could make a vacation out of going to that place!

batman thinking.gif

Yea I was wondering on the expensive comments, as I have found if you walk into a place looking like you ain't a member of the 'Trade' your going to get the 'List' price.
Then again as a shop gets to know ya and the amount you buy will most likely lead to a discount.

Glad to see you were able to find what you needed.

:thumbsup:

Right 68. I wouldn't go in there to by a wheel cylinder for list price, but the NOS fender moulding...well, that's just something that would take one hell of a lot of looking to find a decent piece. Whereas he found it in 3 minutes and it was NOS and perfect. The time saved was worth paying 150 for it. And the air cleaner assembly was nice...no rust, no dents. I can just wash it and paint it, so for $75 I thought it was a good buy too.

Yea air cleaners and washer tanks are the new gold to some, I've found some on CL at reasonable prices, just found a B body washer tank NOS pristine at a reasonable price, but then again on CL most won't ship so you got to do the travel time which most don't have.

plentiful one get rarer n the rare ones get rarer too . think back and see the cars i've cut up n demo'd out and scraped perfectly good bodies , now the search goes the other way . anything can be saved for the numbers , but what numbers are the important ones , cost or rarity ? took this front and rear clips from cars that would have been saved today . 69 rr 383 4spd coupe , 71 challenger . but they fixed other rare cars .
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP SMASHED GRILL.jpg
DSC08126.JPG
Scan0015_0015.jpg
Scan0022_0022.jpg
Scan0023_0023.jpg

Back