All Wheel Drive (AWD) Challenger

Dodge site says $995 for the 20s. I didn't check the 21. Id like to know why its a thousand dollar option
Because people will buy it? It's the cooler of the two. The other one definitely has nostalgia to it. I like the laid back style of the SRT spoiler better, myself.

I still think I'd take a Charger, and I don't know why.

Why? Aren't they standard?

Nope. The standard spoiler you will get is this one with the SRT badge.

upload_2018-3-20_14-40-12-png.png

Unless you get the SRT spoiler and it doesn't come with any badge on it.

2019-dodge-challenger-reveal-at-fca-whats-new-event-review-photos-autonation-017-jpg.jpg

screen-shot-2018-07-22-at-8-11-03-pm-png.png

Last edited:
So is the AWD still only a V6?
I always thought an AWD with a V8 would be fun to thrash about. But I guess “run of the mill” cars today the V6 is an upgrade.

Um, obviously, I was referring to the 3:09 axle.

Nope again.

Hellcat's/Redeye's come with a 2.62 axle.

The 3.09 is the only optional axle available.

I have an optional 3.09 in my Scat Pack too.

So is the AWD still only a V6?
I always thought an AWD with a V8 would be fun to thrash about. But I guess “run of the mill” cars today the V6 is an upgrade.

I checked 2020/2021 Challenger/Charger/300 and all of the AWD's are V-6 automatics.

The Police Charger AWD had a 370 hp Hemi but has been discontinued.

V-6 is the only option now.

Nope again.

Hellcat's/Redeye's come with a 2.62 axle.

The 3.09 is the only optional axle available.

I have an optional 3.09 in my Scat Pack too.

Thank you, that is the only nope that applied. I really don't pay attention to the Hellcats. Once I studied the lines and realized the 392s out of the box power the Hellcat is pointless to my needs. Hell, the 345 is a brute .

Thank you, that is the only nope that applied. I really don't pay attention to the Hellcats. Once I studied the lines and realized the 392s out of the box power the Hellcat is pointless to my needs. Hell, the 345 is a brute .

6 speed Scat Pack's (only) comes with a 3.90 axle.

6 speed Scat Pack's (only) comes with a 3.90 axle.

Yep, the sticks always got a different standard ratio on these cars.
When I bought my 2010 new , if I had known more about them things would have been different. I certainly would have found one with a STP option and better sound.
It was then I read frequently on the boards about them. Again, Hellcats and Demons, not so much now.

Back