For Sale Amazing 1980 Dodge Aspen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 1979 E58 A38 Volare, ex-Suffolk Cty NY Sheriff car ... its a nice rig, but naw, it aint $25K nice. I couldnt ask for that with a straight face .. but that's just me.

We're hard-pressed to find any $25K F -Body (unless a Super Coupe that's been in climate controlled bubble) :)

btw, the car Carmine posted is an E45 car. 318 cop mill I think. Hope it does well for him/her in any event. :)

View attachment 120553
View attachment 120551 View attachment 120554 View attachment 120550 View attachment 120555 View attachment 120552

That invoice looks wrong. HL41L9B? L code car?

Yeah, L in fifth VIN position is the E58 360-HP. Plymouth Volare, low price class, 4 door sedan, 360HP, 1979, Hamtramck build === HL41L9B

I am pretty sure .. unless the world REALLY is flat like Kyrie Irving said :)

Yeah, L in fifth VIN position is the E58 360-HP. Plymouth Volare, low price class, 4 door sedan, 360HP, 1979, Hamtramck build === HL41L9B

I am pretty sure .. unless the world REALLY is flat like Kyrie Irving said :)

I had a DD beater 79 L code 360 X Mich state police car for awhile. Handled great.

The E58 option was used in far greater numbers than I thought. Thanks for enlightening me! :)

Aspen's were Un-believe-able according to the 1976 advertisement !

I do remember at the time they were a big improvement over the "A" bodies. Ride and handling was much improved. Could actually order a stereo and pws. (If only they were still building a hot 340 to put in one.) Mine didn't rust but i do recall some issues with the disc brakes. Covered under a recall.
Car & Driver did a comparison between a BMW 318 and a Volare. The point was with the BMW so popular with the Yuppies (thinking they were actually an investment) and the "R" bodies laughed at. C/R considered purchase price, cost of maintenance, ins etc. Thegy found the Volare to be a far better investment. The car had a lot of recalls but didn't actually cost the owner anything. The 318s really ran pretty well. Article was probably from early 80s.

I do remember at the time they were a big improvement over the "A" bodies. Ride and handling was much improved. Could actually order a stereo and pws. (If only they were still building a hot 340 to put in one.) Mine didn't rust but i do recall some issues with the disc brakes. Covered under a recall.
Car & Driver did a comparison between a BMW 318 and a Volare. The point was with the BMW so popular with the Yuppies (thinking they were actually an investment) and the "R" bodies laughed at. C/R considered purchase price, cost of maintenance, ins etc. Thegy found the Volare to be a far better investment. The car had a lot of recalls but didn't actually cost the owner anything. The 318s really ran pretty well. Article was probably from early 80s.
The only real rust problems I ever saw on the first "F" body cars were the front fenders. The 1980 redesign cured that. The fact that the "F", "M", AND "J" bodies were so close in design I always liked them. They were great cars in my book.

Yeah If you lived in the rust belt, front fenders were being replaced under recall warranty. We got them in buy the truck loads.The Dealership body shop was really busy during that time.Big sellers,we sold about 100 a month.I bought a Aspen new in 76.

If only they were still building a hot 340 to put in one.) Mine didn't rust but i do recall
I'd take a E58 360 over a 340, longer stroke, lower compression, double roller chain, windage tray. Really the only issue with the E58 was crappy heads.

Yeah If you lived in the rust belt, front fenders were being replaced under recall warranty. We got them in buy the truck loads.The Dealership body shop was really busy during that time.Big sellers,we sold about 100 a month.I bought a Aspen new in 76.
Mopar replaced and painted the fenders under recall. Honda faced the same issue with early Accords. They would give you new fenders. You had to pay them to install and paint. No bad press for Honda though.

This is the car in question; for sale. Photos show a very clean original squad car. Amazing interior and equipment.
aspen police.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back