An interesting Monaco

david42

Reaction score
'67 Monaco hard top on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967..._Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ac291d9ad#ht_500wt_743

It's in rough shape, but it's surprisingly plush for a Monaco sedan: a/c, power windows, power driver's seat, bucket seats (head rest only on the passenger's side???), disc brakes, 440, and some other cool stuff. Practically a New Yorker!

The grille is much fancier than the one on my '67 Monaco. Didn't realize there was more than one in that year.

Very unusual car indeed. It is rare but I have seen one headrest before on a couple of b bodies, they were optioned individually.

Wasn't there one really quirk year where you could only get a passenger headrest, or some nonsense like that.

did someone notice it has a 67 chrysler grill installed instead of the correct Monaco grill

Is that actually the right grille or is it a transplant from another model year? It doesn't look like it fits correctly.

That's a lot of money for a car that needs a lot.

I notice it has the much-debated underdash mystery knob for adjusting the clock.

did someone notice it has a 67 chrysler grill installed instead of the correct Monaco grill
Yes it is and I love it. That's what old - OLD - SKOOL hot rodding was all about.
A Cadillac grill in a Ford, for example. It looked cool even though it was stupid as hell.
We've lost that ability.

I am really itchin to graft a '67 Imperial front and rear onto my NYB.

Last edited:
That would be interesting
I've been tossing it around...

11agzs1.jpg

Gotta leave mine alone. Need a local car cheap for me to do something stupid again.

< Sent from my tablet >

I think the Chrysler grille doesn't fit in more than a few ways.

The vehicle my Dad gave me when I was 5 is in this picture...

$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(I!RBRRg1fzMIg~~60_3.jpg

$T2eC16J,!zEE9s3!(I!RBRRg1fzMIg~~60_3.jpg

Jeffrey Dahmer HAD to eat humans

< Sent from my tablet >

I was overseas when the Dahmer story broke in Milwaukee. My home town. My Dad called me and said "you are not going to believe what just was on the news"........Dahmer worked at a chocolate candy factory within blocks of the high school I went to. I hope nothing ended up in the chocolate. LOL!

Back