And so it begins

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
The 2016 NHRA Pro Stock season is about to begin. New rules including EFI with throttle body & short runners. Means no more hood scoops. Shorter wheelie bars & RPM limiters. A couple of teams have been testing in Flordia & not quite as fast as last year they are close. Reports are that Greg Anderdon in a Camaro ran a 6.52 off from the 6.46 he ran last year testing. Allan Johnson back in a Dodge Dart ran a 6.56 V Gains would not release any numbers, but said he was pleased with the new Dart as he tested in Arizona. Erica Enders & her MOPAR teammate Jeg Coughlin will be testing today in Texas with Nick Ferri Hemi power.

Last edited:
Also hearing that Derick Kramer will be using Hemi's built by Warren Johnson this season in his Dodge Dart. Derick switched mid season last year from Madcap Racing Engines to McGaha Performance & was running way better. So personally I hope the rumor to WJ power is false. McGaha Performance has shown they can make very good power.

Last edited:
Right now it looks like there will be 4 well funded Dodge teams racing full time & at least 2 on a limited schedule

Last edited:
Yea I hear ya Stan. I'm ok with it ( reserve the right to change my mind) for now. A lot of push back on the new cars on the racing sites.

Whoooaaaaaaaaaa......
Now that's slander....
18.gif

I am interested in this history lesson. I know you gave her the 4 speed and sold her. You did not give the scoops? I remember seeing the scoops on her, but was too disgusted and likely too drunk to register anything else. It would have been in March on the third weekend in your neighborhood... where I often joined the unwashed masses and partied in the zoo. Apologies if I got it wrong, but I remember seeing the scoops in person, several years ago.

Stan....the Pro Stock class has been slowly losing steam the last couple of years. So NHRA decided to shake up the division a little and kind get back to a stock appearing car. They made fuel injection with short runners mandatory for 2016 and banned hood scoops. The days of secrecy of hiding carbs and intakes are over in Pro Stock. They have to park their cars facing outward so you can see the engine bay and allow hecklers to see everything that they are doing under the hood.

I think NHRA is worried that the fans would rather see ProMod's as a featured class at all events. I'm hoping so........

Stan, I'm sorry for the harsh words. Somehow, I always thought that was after your ownership. I am sure I would have been far more interested in the car if I knew it had a 4 speed then. Zoo party days have gone away for me and I am no longer very compatible with camping or excessive drinking. I'll go with given the nature of the project they seemed right at the time. They did match the contours of the grills and header nicely.

Its about time, there hasn't been a carburetor on a production car since the eighties, all most 30 years. There are kids that are born after the last carb rolled off a assembly line on here with us old farts. How interested do you think they are in a dying technology that they could not even see (always covered up and hidden secrets)

Back