Another Very Good Video on Youtube again by "Adam" - 1972 New Yorker

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I posted a video previously by this same presenter, Adam, regarding Syd Mead's 1972 Imperial Le Baron that was a superb example of the marque:

For ‘72 Imperial fans

Here is another video from Adam regarding the 1972 fuselage New Yorker:

He does a lot of other videos that focus on the luxury full size cars of the 60s and 70s in particular. He is very knowledgeable of all the major manufacturers' vehicles and has a lot of experience with all of them such that his comments on the relative qualities of each manufacturers' vehicles are probably the most accurate ones you will find. He also owns a bunch of all of them and I can only imagine where he might store them all. This 72 New Yorker is also owned by him. In the video he also mentions he owns a 1971 model Chrysler as well but I have not yet seen a video of that one yet.

Enjoy....................

Last edited:
I do follow his youtube channel.
He describes the ride of mopars "like a pogo stick"
I realy like the Pontiacs he has especially the 421 powered 4dr hardtop Bonneville.

I'd never heered of this fuselage body thing until joining, what year did it start? All of my mid 60's cars were fusies I take it?

Fuselage styling from Chrysler Corp. started in 1968 as 69 models and lasted until 1973, when the C-Bodies were changed again to the "formal style".
One of the most futuristic styling in the late 60ies IMO.

And yes, I follow Adam´s Rare Classic Cars too on Youtube.

I realy like the Pontiacs he has especially the 421 powered 4dr hardtop Bonneville.

I put many a mile, some extremely dangerous, extremely lucky to be here writing dangerous, really sweet memory laden miles on a '65 Star Chief 4dr with 389, an animal of a car with a ferocious appetite for gas, but not near as bad as the '66 goldie oldie Olds Rocket 88 4dr with an Ultra High Compression 425 that rattled the windows in people's houses idling, that one went through a tank a night of "spirited" driving, and spirits were definitely involved.

100mph was nothing, seatbelts were just something that got in your way on the seat, and the polyglass tires had their very obvious limits of adhesion, nevermind on wet pavement, or that greasy wet pavement on the first rain at end of summer, when all that oil from leaky cars is on the roads unwashed for months and you can spin the tires endlessly, or one tire anyway ;]

Truth be told, the "one tire frier" non limited slip diff let you spin a tire and feel good without your *** end changing lanes at the same time, a good thing.

My 1st B body, a plum crazy purple '68 GTX converted to 727 w/ line lock from a 4sp car (really spectacular burnouts) I lucked into super cheap because dude's wife sideswiped a car in traffic (Track Lock diff), necessitating an expensive rear 1/4 panel replacement, and then she did it again and I bought the car, $300?

Posi diffs can be very dangerous, sideways motion isn't always desirable on the gas. Nowadays with traction control, they'd figure out a way to inhibit it, at the cost of driver control. which is probably infinitely more dangerous than Posi Trac rear ends.

Last edited:
There are a lot of REAL bad, REAL uninformed videos posted on YouTube. This guy is an exception, and doesn't just review run-of-the-mill, well-known cars, either. Always look forward to what he does, whether Mopar or not......

I follow him too. It's just relaxing listening to him and see his video's. Particually he does NOT use any background (noise) music...awsome.
His relaxed, no-nonsense,hype manner makes all the difference. Instead off music he lets the car make the music.

Back