Any difference between a 65 and 66 Sport Fury Horn button?

Inspector71

Reaction score
As posted before, I had a 66 Sport Fury, poly gold (kind of green). I was going to change it to black exterior/interior. I replaced the green/gold steering wheel with a black one I thought came from another Fury. Since then I sold the car to a younger brother and bought a friend's 66 Fury III he was turning into a Sport Fury Clone. I don't have a steering wheel for the Fury III but had a trim ring I thought came off a Sport Fury. I ordered a horn button (conical shape with the reddish center under plastic) and it does not fit the trim ring. It is too small. I have a B body steering wheel that looks like the green/gold Fury one. I measured the base and the B body one is a half inch wider in diameter. So now I have two problems, I need to find a 66 steering wheel and find out why the horn button does not fit. This one is kind of goldish red inside. I have seen the same one on ebay as a 65 horn button. Is there a difference between the 65 and 66 versions? It may be some time before I can get to where the two cars are stored but I hope to settle it then. In the meantime I thought I'd ask in case anyone was one or both of these parts. Thanks for the help.

Back