Anybody know where to get a full set of correct screws for A 1971 Plymouth Dashboard

Jonny89

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am doing some work on the interior of the 71 Gran Coupe, I am in need of a full set of interior screws for the Dashboard. I have seen some on kits on ebay, but don't trust that they are the correct sizes or OEM type for the Dash of a 1971 Plymouth Gran Coupe Fury.

I am thinking about buying a right side trim piece from a 1970 Sport Fury even though it will not look correct, so I can mount the original radio inside. Also, that way I will not have to look at the gaping hole that resides there now.

Anybody know if the screws that held in parts of the panel were painted to match the color of the Interior, I would imagine so?

Thanks for the help

Jon

Thanks for the web site, too bad they dont have an interior kit for a 1971 Plymouth fury, I cant seem to find **** for this car.

Does anybody know if the 1970 2-Dr. H/T or 1970 Conv. version would work. THe 2 Dr H/T has 101 screws and the Conv. version only has 75 screws.

Thank you very much for the help

Jon

Luckily I am only missing quite a bit of screws for the Instrument panel and dashboard. Looks like the previous owner took off several pieces to try and install a "modern Radio" loosing the screws and the right side trim piece. Well I can tell you that the original radio will go back in. I cant seem to find proper trim pieces and of course the screws, nuts and bolts issue.

there are many different lengths,diameters ,colors etc. if i remember right there are 4 types just to hold the dash trim on. if the kit is well labeled, you mighy be better off going that way

I would suggest RT Specialties. Tom is very knowledgeable about Mopar screws, fasteners, clips and more. If he doesn't have a prepackaged set for you, he could probably put together everything you need for your application.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/

I would suggest RT Specialties. Tom is very knowledgeable about Mopar screws, fasteners, clips and more. If he doesn't have a prepackaged set for you, he could probably put together everything you need for your application.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/

Thats the one I was thinking of and couldnt remember the damn name.........

I will Try R/T Specialty first, next weekend if the weather breaks, I will take better pictures of the dash and what is needed. I can tell you right now from memory that the right panel is missing (Screws missing of course) as shown in the picture. You cant see it but the overhead panel light that sits inside the dash (lights up all the gauges) is detached, but still all there (Screws missing of course). The plastic piece that covers the bottom of the steering wheel column is detached, (Screws also missing of course).

Did I say "Missing screws of course" to many times. :yes_no:

I will check out these sites, thanks for the tips.

Now if I can only find a right side panel for the dash, with the wood grain of course.

YES!!!!! IF a 1970 will fit a 1971. Come to think of it, I checked the build date inscribed on the door, Jan of 1971, one of the first off the line?? :yaayy: your getting my hopes up, do you have one? I think it is only AM radio, should be the same size though.

Jon

YES!!!!! IF a 1970 will fit a 1971. Come to think of it, I checked the build date inscribed on the door, Jan of 1971, one of the first off the line?? :yaayy: your getting my hopes up, do you have one? I think it is only AM radio, should be the same size though.

Jon

first off the line would be August 1970 .....

166663 2009 steering wheel.jpg

Is that what you're looking for?

166663 2009 steering wheel.jpg

try Fastenal, if you have one around your location. they have a lot of the OEM body screws and bolts and whatnot.. maybe they'll have em. they are in a book binder, not on the shelves.

Polara71 That wood grain dash is identical! Except here is what my radio looks like, it is not the deluxe version. BUT if they are both the same size radio it should fit perfectly. I know this model did come either the plain Jane radio or the deluxe. Do you have extra trim?

Jon

$(KGrHqR,!rgFDSB29DMhBQ-b4!sKYg~~60_57.jpg

It is the same....... i have ti look through my stuff, i think i do.... that bezel is not difficult to locate.......shouldnt be anyway

Please let me know if you have an extra of that bezel, I have had trouble locating one with wood grain on it.

Thanks

Jon

Back