Anyone fitted 15 x 8 on rear

bollotti

Reaction score
looking to purchase a set of rally’s wheels and tires, which have come up for sale. Fronts are 15 x 7, so should be ok, rears are 15 x 8 with 295 50 tires. They are 11 inches sidewall to side wall. Can anyone tell me if these will fit? This is for a 1972 Fury

I may still buy them if a smaller tire could fit in the rear on the 8 inch rims

Thanks in advance

I have 15/8 on the rear of my 69 Fury with 4 1/2 back spacing if I remember correctly. What is the back spacing of these wheels? You will need to know that and do some research what back spacing you need with such a wide tire. Not much room for error with 295's. I run 275's on the rear.

Last edited:
looking to purchase a set of rally’s wheels and tires, which have come up for sale. Fronts are 15 x 7, so should be ok, rears are 15 x 8 with 295 50 tires. They are 11 inches sidewall to side wall. Can anyone tell me if these will fit? This is for a 1972 Fury

I may still buy them if a smaller tire could fit in the rear on the 8 inch rims

Thanks in advance
I have 15x7 with 255 on rear and it is tight, need to jack car up very high to clear the wheel well.

Thanks, so looks like the tires will be too big on rear. Still if I can get a deal, I can always sell the tires and buy smaller ones.

I think 295's are gonna be kinda tight. I have 18x8's on mine, but only running a 255 tire.

What car/year and what back spacing dart4?

Back