DSC02116.JPG

DSC02117.JPG

DSC02118.JPG

DSC02119.JPG

DSC02120.JPG

DSC02121.JPG

DSC02122.JPG

Hi, David.

Just back from Indy. I won that Chrysler travel bag (it got a little expensive by noon Saturday, but I fought 'em off!), but the bidding on the Miss Hurst cardboard cutout quickly exceeded my opening bid and stopped at....get this.....$5000. Five Thousand Dollars. Cardboard. Attractive cardboard!
IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4488[1].JPG

Yeah, we had a darn good time at Mecum Indy. Thanks for joining me.

I was there on Thursday. Does anybody know what the final price was for the RTS cars? A friend told me that the Mod Top 69 Cuda went for 400K. Any idea if the RTS cars stayed together, or are scattered to the winds?

Sorry I was not able to meet-up with you guys when I was there. I texted @david hill when i was in the first room after the entrance. He said they were in the room with the auctioneer. I figured that would be the next room and we'd be there shortly.

The only car auction I've been to previously was the Toronto classic car auction, which is just in two large halls. I had no idea how HUGE this one is. I didn't even get to the auction hall until two rooms later, and we hadn't even found the Steve Juliano collection at that point so I didn't want to stop. We were still looking at cars when the auction wrapped-up for the day.

I fully understand. It’s HUUUUUUUUGE!

David did text you whilst we were in the auction hall but didn’t hear back.....getting texts through the system is tough with all the people doing the same thing and bidding on Juliano stuff.

Anyway, glad you were overwhelmed! I’ve been overwhelmed at Mecum auctions for years!

Back