Anyone going to Mecum Indy?

Trace 300 Hurst

Professional Tinkerer
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am.

Attending Mecum and Barrett auctions is kinda my hobby. Lots of great cars--and some big-ticket E-Bods and other Mopars--are on the block this year, as usual.

I will be there. Thurs. and Fri. Anyone attending who be there those days PM me. Will definitely take lots of pics.

Indeed, the SJ collection is one for the ages. Plus the killer E-Bods. Plus the Hurst car! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe those who are going will confirm/post-up early that week, we can meet up, and I can buy beer. Or Bourbon. I just won $100 at a car show last week with my Hurst car, so I must spread the wealth.

I’d kinda like to meet David Hill. He’s a fine voice of reason on this forum.

I'm planning on Thursday. Want to see Steve Juliano RTS cars all together. Maybe there's somebody out there with really deep pockets who can buy them all and keep them together . . . Some things are just meant to be together . . .

Hey Trace 300 Hurst tried to respond, but your inbox is full. Will message you about Mecum Indy when empty. Need to know your Indy schedule.

It is confirmed, my brother and I are going on a road trip to Indy. Leaving Wednesday evening and we'll be at the auction Thursday or Friday. Which day is everyone else going to be there? From the posts it looks like Thursday would be best.

On the way there or back, depending on which day we go to the auction, we're either going to stop at the ACD museum in Auburn or the Air Force museum in Dayton, OH.

AF Museum is definitely worth a look. Have been there many times . . . think they have 5 full hangers now! Last time I was there was the day they put the "Memphis Belle" B-17 on display. I'm kind of drawn to the WWII era craft (I built models of most of them as a kid . . . before I got into cars!). But . . . pick an era . . . pick a hanger . . . and go have fun!

Also, FYI . . . there is a really nice Packard Museum in downtown Dayton. I believe it goes by the name "Citizen's Motorcar Company - America's Packard Museum". It was an actual Packard dealership at one time. Nice people, and you can go in there and wander around for hours.

After looking at driving times, we are going to the Dayton Air Force museum on Thursday and the auction on Friday, to give us more time at the auction. Would like to meet up with any other members who will be attending Friday.

FYI advance auction tickets are available online for $20. Last day is tomorrow (Monday). After that, tickets go up to $30 each at the door.

Attended Fridays Mecum Indy Spring Fling today. A great day for car collectors and Mopar owners. The Steven Juliano collection of cars and Chrysler show room displays were simply amazing. Met up with trace300hurst, as nice as they come. Had a great time Tracy Thank you. Have quite a few picks, will post the c bodies and similar Chrysler cars first.

photos

DSC01999.JPG

DSC02000.JPG

DSC02001.JPG

DSC02007.JPG

DSC02008.JPG

DSC02009.JPG

DSC02010.JPG

DSC02011.JPG

Back