Anyone know of a source for oem type transmission cooling lines for '74-'78 C Bodies?

stilbo

Reaction score
Been battling A & B body parts only blues for thirty years....
Lots of oem type transmission cooling lines out there for A and B bodies but I have Googled until my eyes are crossed looking for C body lines...
I'd rather not do the old four hose barbs and ten feet of hose trick...
Does anyone know of a source for oem type lines for '74-'78 C bodies?
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Cooling lines

There aren't any, I've found that these cars are not suppported by the repro guys. I went and bought a twenty five foot roll of 5/16" steel tubing and made 'em. If you have the hand strength the coil spring benders work great. I had to make lines in order to get rid of the damage done by the clumsy installation of an aftermarket trans cooler as I found a factory "trailer tow" cooler! I reused all the fittings etc.

:yaayy:You can buy the correct lines through Right Stuff Detailing. They were great to deal with. Got me the correct lines in 2 days to keep my project on schedule. Phone: (614) 523-3410. Tell em you heard of em on this forum and maybe we can all get a discount on their disc brake conversion kits.

I have used the B-body lines myself. Just where the lines come around the front of the motor, and run to the radiator connections you have to cut the lines and use a few inches of rubber line. The lines from the tranny, along side the motor are basically the same from big block B/E and C-bodies.

cut the lines and use a few inches of rubber line...
YOiVlM5.jpg

Back