Anyone know this NYB??

75LandYacht

Yank Tank
Reaction score
Does anyone known of or have ANY info on this beauty?? I MUST have her... was this an original color option? Oh my goodness.... please and thank you.
DF419F21-B8CE-43CF-8C16-C0DAA0A849EB.jpeg

Does anyone known of or have ANY info on this beauty?? I MUST have her... was this an original color option? Oh my goodness.... please and thank you.
View attachment 212368
That car has been on ebay many times over the years. Same pics so I don't know what it's problem is with finding a home. Had a ton of nit-picking issues if I recall correctly.

It is a sunroof car. I don't remember what was said about this car previously.

Was this an original color option?

Yes. Burnished Copper Metallic. On this car, 1976 to 77, as it was dropped for '78.

I had a '76 Newport Custom in the same color, but it didn't look anywhere near as snazzy as on this New Yorker. It had a parchment interior and top, and being a sedan didn't help either. I can't find a picture of it at the moment.

Jeff

What do you think the cost would be to paint a car like that
Lots I’m sure.. I gotta find it first. I’m actively looking that’s fir sure. I’m making some calls using the info that Barry S provided.. we’ll see. 2014 was the last write up posted when it was for sale. FACT: I’m on it like a fat kid on a cupcake..

Sort of funny because this exact color combo/features would cause me to dig very deep in the ol' wallet. Few cars would, but this would be a keeper. (Technically, I'd dig deeper for velour seats in this one rare case. I don't want my *** set on fire if I leave the roof open.)

Are you sure that color isn't called "bittersweet"? I had a '75 Cordoba painted a similar color and I doubt they'd have two so close. Maybe they did change something for '76, but the color is damn near perfect w/parchment interior.

Picture_3186.jpg

Picture_3185.jpg

Picture_3189.jpg

Sort of funny because this exact color combo/features would cause me to dig very deep in the ol' wallet. Few cars would, but this would be a keeper. (Technically, I'd dig deeper for velour seats in this one rare case. I don't want my *** set on fire if I leave the roof open.)

Are you sure that color isn't called "bittersweet"? I had a '75 Cordoba painted a similar color and I doubt they'd have two so close. Maybe they did change something for '76, but the color is damn near perfect w/parchment interior.

View attachment 212514

View attachment 212515

View attachment 212516
Wasn’t that color also called “turbine bronze” back in the 60s? Whatever it’s called, it’s freaking gorgeous. I’ve got to find that New Yorker..

Lots I’m sure.. I gotta find it first. I’m actively looking that’s fir sure. I’m making some calls using the info that Barry S provided.. we’ll see. 2014 was the last write up posted when it was for sale. FACT: I’m on it like a fat kid on a cupcake..
I wish you luck... but will hate you a little too... that's the color combo I've been thinking the parts car should get. My biggest hang up is thinking I should try to track down that 75 Imperial in the same colors... cheaper in the end than a redo.

I believe I have seen cases in the past where the same color had one name under the Chrysler brand, and another for Dodge or Plymouth so I could see where that could be the same color with a different name. Maybe?

Let me sweeten the pot a little bit with my request!!, I will happily pay a finders fee, on any leads that lead to positive contact of the current location/owner of this car.. that’s how bad I want.. the info that “Barry S” provided was a great start but hasn’t lead to any contact as of yet.. many thanks to him for the Jump Off point..

Help Me find her boys!!!

I did another search but didn't find anything more than the listings from 2014. However, I'm keeping the faith for you, 75LandYacht, there's not a better group of folks for tracking down such a stellar C body that this one . .

I did another search but didn't find anything more than the listings from 2014. However, I'm keeping the faith for you, 75LandYacht, there's not a better group of folks for tracking down such a stellar C body that this one . .
Agreed my friend, thanks for your efforts to this point..

I’m very excited to post this update!! First let me put out a very hearty thank you to “Barry S” and “sdweatherman” a.k.a. Scott for all their hard leg work in getting me to this point in my quest this particular New Yorker. I made contact with the previous (2014) owner of the New Yorker. We have been speaking quite a bit over the past day regarding the cars history. Below is his detailed email to me today:

John,
So here’s what I know. The car was originally purchased by a Chrysler dealership (now defunct) in central Pennsylvania for the owner’s wife. I had found the original owner’s son when I first bought the car and he told me how much his mother loved that car. The car was a special order at the time. The official color was Copper Bronze Metallic.
I purchased the car in October 2012 at Carlisle. I bought the car from a guy who was selling it for his father. He had bought it with the intention of restoring it but he had other Ford projects that were more to his liking and apparently, the township where he lived told him he had too many projects and one had to go.
I really did not do much. Tires and oil change; messed with the windshield wipers as the bushings had gone bad. I might have replaced the radiator but it was a long time ago. When I first bought it, I took to my mechanic telling him it was in really good shape. After looking the car over he told me “A lot of people come in here with cars they tell me are in really good shape but this car is in really good shape.” I had the car appraised in 2014 by Accurate Auto Appraiser at $5,500. At the time of the appraisal the car had 117516 miles.
I sold the car in July of 2014. The car was actually purchased by the guy father’s who used to be a principle owner of one of the elite manufactures in the UK (I do not remember which one). He wired me the money and made arrangements to have the car serviced at Dean’s automotive in Taneytown, MD. They might be able to better tell you what service they performed prior to the 3 month US tour. I know the buyers have a lot of pictures as I followed them on Facebook throughout their trip so hopefully they will contact you.
The VIN number of the car is CS43T7C179066 and that should help with tracking the current owner. Please let me know if you find it as I have searched for it a few times too (that’s I how I know it was sold in Las Vegas as I saw it on the dealer website). My daughter (now 19) used to say riding in the back of that car was riding a sofa down the road.

Bob

To continue the story even further, the couple from Australia that he (Bob) sold the car to here in the states, is still in contact with The couple via Facebook, he has reached out to them and given them my contact information. Hopefully when / if they contact me I’ll be able to find out The details of the car during their brief ownership and where in Vegas they sold the car and I can continue to track it from there. “sdweatherman” aka Scott stated he has a friend in Vegas who is a Chrysler enthusiast and is going to keep an eye out on the streets and local shows for the car if it’s still in the area. We’ll see....

Back