Anyone want to discuss This??

Waited until was 19 to buy my first car in maybe 1970. 1948 Dodge Club coupe $100.00 Later I bought a 1948 Dodge Business coupe. Was buying parts from advertisers
on the WPC Club newsletter. NOS hubcaps for $5.00 !! Started hitting the wrecking yards and finding dead ones in front yards. Most of the owners of the cars let me haul
them away for nothing. Went to ASU and got a degree in Zoology. Went in the graduate program...eventually in the early 1980's I decided to start a business selling obsolete
Mopar parts.

In the early 80's I bought a 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible: yellow, white interior, console, 440....the only C-body I ever owned. Didn't have it too long.
The one thing memorable about that car was I was driving it with a friend. At a traffic light (during daylight) I dropped the top and both of us stood up
and dropped our pants so everyone behind us got a BA (bare ***). Then off we went when the light turned green.

So you C body nuts can you top that? Sorry let me rephrase that C Body fans.

Bet you can't

Waited until was 19 to buy my first car in maybe 1970. 1948 Dodge Club coupe $100.00 Later I bought a 1948 Dodge Business coupe. Was buying parts from advertisers
on the WPC Club newsletter. NOS hubcaps for $5.00 !! Started hitting the wrecking yards and finding dead ones in front yards. Most of the owners of the cars let me haul
them away for nothing. Went to ASU and got a degree in Zoology. Went in the graduate program...eventually in the early 1980's I decided to start a business selling obsolete
Mopar parts.

In the early 80's I bought a 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible: yellow, white interior, console, 440....the only C-body I ever owned. Didn't have it too long.
The one thing memorable about that car was I was driving it with a friend. At a traffic light (during daylight) I dropped the top and both of us stood up
and dropped our pants so everyone behind us got a BA (bare ***). Then off we went when the light turned green.

So you C body nuts can you top that? Sorry let me rephrase that C Body fans.

Bet you can't
Hopefully there were some Wilburs (Wildcats) behind you guys when the BA was initiated!

Bluegrass Parkway between E-town and Versailles KY, 1997 close to midnight, driving a 1968 Cutlass 2 dr Holiday coupe. My girlfriend at the time decided it would be fun to enjoy the desolate night time cruise home from my dad's place. It was the wildest 10 minutes in a moving car I've ever enjoyed. Both the girl and the car are long gone. I really wish I still had the car. : )

I've always been into cars... My brothers "little Brother", he had me working on Chevelle's my young adult life. Later on I meet my husband and he was a Mopar guy. He has a 72 Plymouth Satellite. When I decided I wanted a car to rebuilt for my self, I looked at a lot of different cars. He would not really give the other cars ( Chevys, Fords) a second look. I did fall in love with the Slab side cars and when I found my '65 SF I knew that it was the car for me. Yes it needed more work than I first thought , but it has been a fun trip working with my husband getting this beautiful car running and looking good. It is still a work in progress and one day maybe soon it will be on the road

I have been a car guy since about 3, sitting on the fender of a 1930 Model A Ford while my Dad tuned it up. A rich great uncle worked for Chrysler corporate in the 40s and 50s, I remember riding in his mid 50s Imperial. No Mopars in my family though, my father was a Ford man so I learned to drive in a 55 Ford and the first car I bought on my own was also a 55 Ford. I got tired of fixing the Fords and moved through some Oldsmobiles. Then in the early 70s I bought and restored a 67 Plymouth GTX, holy crap! I had that for few years then a 70 AAR Cuda. Went back to GM and had many different cars over the years but never a C body. I started looking for a station wagon and my 66 Monaco popped up, the rest is history right here on this forum.

DSCF2963.JPG

I went to carlisle in 2019 IIRC and saw the blue plymouth sport fury GT.
I knew I had to have one. First C body that ever caught my eye.
Since the GT is so elusive, I figured I would go ahead and work my way up the C's.
Bought a 71 newport and then bought another 71 newport.
The big C's changed my way of thinking.
Still looking for a GT.
I had never ridden in a C body. They just weren't around in my time so I never even saw any.

Just wondering why you bought your car; especially if it's a C Body. Are you a Mopar person from childhood or more recent convert? How did you acquire your car? Was it a gift or did you just find the car and have to buy it. Did you do a lot of repairs or restoration?

For some reason I've always been a car but I became a Mopar guy when I was 5 years old and my grandfather bought a 57 Plymouth Plaza. It was a 2 door sedan with Powerflite automatic and the flat head six. Suddenly I fell for the uforward look, they became my favorite car My grandfather followed that with a 61 Belvedere coupe. I thought that was beautifull, 318, Torqueflite, and power steering. I'll continue with my stories after I read a few of yours.
Everyone had Camaros, Mustangs & Buicks. So instead I chose a 72 Monaco. Really a unique car at the high school in 1977. It really started in 1969 when mom bought a new cuda. I've never been without a mopar since. Out of the 11 cars i have, 4 are C bodys. It's like driving your living room. You can't beat the feeling of going 60 down the highway, punch it and be going over 100 in seconds.

I was 16 and learning to drive in my moms 2005 E250 van (our only automatic). I was helping a friend of my dads clear some woods and he decided we should take the Chrysler to lunch. He let me drive it back and mentioned he probably ought to sell it since he had other projects. I asked his son for a price a few days later, saved up the money and bought my first car in 2011. It was rusty (and me dailying it all winter certainly didn't help). At the time I hardly knew how to do an oil change so I brought it to a buddies place who taught me a few things and we started making it more roadworthy and cleaned it up a bit.

12 years and 82,000 miles later I've never called a tow truck.

Pure and Simple. My dad drove Imperials from 1956 to 1973. In 76 he bought a NYB. I have had two Newports and a NYB St Regis in thriple dove gray. I wish Chrysler still made real cars rather than unafforable ones and electric cars (from Chrysler)?

My Mom didn’t drive until I was around 5 or 6. After that, we were a 2 car family. In 1972 I got my d/l hot off the press. Mom was driving a ‘69 Newport 4dr hardtop. The first car I drove was Dad’s ‘64 LeSabre 4dr sedan. He let me take it on Saturdays if he wasn’t working overtime.Toward the end of the year when the new cars came out, Dad bought a ’73 Le Mans coupe. Mom got the new car, he took the Newport and since he didn’t sell or trade in the Buick, it would be mine. I got a job so I could pay for my own gas and pitch in a little for the insurance. It was great. I loved that car. Less than a year later, a drunk in an Impala almost killed me and a friend who was riding with me in it. The Buick was totaled of course. I probably would be a Buick guy today if not for that. The epiphany came after that when Dad let me drive the Newport a couple of times. The 383 ran rings around the 300 nailhead. After high school I enlisted in the Air Force in late ‘74. Dad bought a nice ‘72 Grandville for himself and gave me the Newport. Its been Mopars ever since. A ‘71 383 Charger SE, ‘76 318 Coronet, ‘90 318 Dodge van, ‘72 318 Charger, ‘97 5.2 Magnum Dakota 4x4, ‘05 Hemi Ram 1500 4x4. But the soft spot was always for that Newport. That’s how I ended up with the ‘71 I bought a few years ago.

I was born in the back seat of a 58 Dodge. Not really but it sounds good. :)

Long story, so go grab a beer.

Grew up in a Mopar family, at 1st anyway. Grandad had a 69 New Yorker, 440 hwy king, nobody could pass him. The only child of a single mom, I often rode shotgun in my momma's purple 70 Charger 500, white vinyl top & interior, 383 magnum & a pistol grip 4 speed. Watching her row thru the gears, hearing that big block howl left an indelible mark on my soul at an early age. At least once a week she'd put it into 2nd gear and stand on the loud pedal until it hit 100, then back off of it, "to blow the carbon off the valves". It was her daily driver until '84 when I wrecked it. I hit a curb doing 70 trying to impress a girl. Bent the frame and broke her heart (the girl & my mom). My 1st car was a 70 Duster with a slant six 225. Blew the motor 1st week I had it, driving it like I was in NASCAR on the highways. It's hard to kill an online six, but it was no match for my right foot. What can I say, I'm a product of my generation. Speed Racer, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, Mannix, Gone In 60 Seconds (the ORIGINAL one!), Corvette Summer, Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry, Vanishing Point, Smokey & the Bandit, Magnum P.I., Hawaii 5-O (they squealed the tires in EVERY scene with a car in it). Between my family history, TV & the movies, I grew up believing life behind the wheel meant full throttle. Needless to say I've lost lots of 10mm & 3/8" sockets fixing my cars.

I have since owned & destroyed a slew of muscle cars in my day, including a handful of sleepers. It's fun spanking a GT mustang or a SS Monte with a hatchback Chevette! Slap on a set of deep dish rims and low profile 14s and they handle as well as a Corvette. But I digress.

My hall of shame includes a 65 Nova, 71 Chevelle, 76 Formula Firebird, 78 Camaro, 76 Monza Notchback, a pair of 77 Monza hatchbacks, a 69 Boss Mustang, a 78 El Camino, and numerous sedans, trucks and vans. Wrenched on every one of them, most were in dire need when I got them and almost every one of them saw their last mile with me as their pilot. I'd build them from the ground up then drive them back into the ground. I became known as a Voodoo Rocket Surgeon: resurrecting dead machines and making them fly, there was usually lots of cursing and swearing involved so it qualified as black magic!

Fast forward to 2018. I'm living on Panama City Beach, FLA at the time, having survived Hurricane Michael I saw a lot of locals pull up stakes & leave town. My little brother landed a job at a local taxi company as a mechanic. Having never run a garage before he tagged me to help out getting the shop sorted and cleaned up. (I worked as a maintenance man for a resort nearby). So I did, part time during the evenings and weekends. That turned into a 2nd full time gig, 4 hours a night 5 nights a week & 10 hours a day during weekends, wrenching on taxis, shuttle vans & limos.

We were allowed to work on outside vehicles on our off time, providing taxis came 1st, mostly the personal cars of the taxi drivers. Boss got 15% of the labor, parts mark up and $50 each for shop supplies. Enter Project Turd. Doggy doo brown and a real piece of ****. It was a 73 Newport more door with a laundry list of issues. Nothing worked, or didn't work right. The previous mechanic had taken it in as a side job. Hurricane Michael came thru and both the car owner & the mechanic left town. So we got it to start and run after rebuilding the carb and ignition, did a title search & sent a certified letter to the last registered owner asking what they wanted us to do with it. 30 days passed, no response. We waited an additional 15 days, then filed a mechanics lien against the title. Armed with a fresh green title, I stated throwing money into it. Initially my brother and I were gonna take the big block out of it and beef it up, make a hot rod dragster out of one of the Mopar minivan taxi's we had. He then found a 95 Trans Am to play with and the Turd was forgotten. But I'm a sucker for lost causes and saw the potential in this thing. It had a straight body and decent paint lurking under years of filth but not much else. I was the only thing standing between it and a junkyard crusher.

By this time, my wife had left for Texas to care for her sick mom (cancer), I'm alone so I spent all my free time with my brother fixing cars, & earning surplus funds to boot. And now I have something to spend it on. 2 years go by. Rebuilt motor and transmission, new brakes, front end, rear axle, rewired bumper to bumper, 2 tone paint job, muscle car rims and tires, lots of chrome and bling under the hood, custom touches everywhere: blacked out grill & headlight bezels, wire mesh grill, LED lighting. Everyone was impressed. Now my ma-in-law has passed and the wife tells me she's gonna stay in Texas to care for her elderly dad, do I join her or file divorce? I sell the house, hook up the Chrysler to a U-haul van and drag it halfway across the country.

It still needs rear springs, upholstery, and AC but it runs & drives real good. I even won a car show once. I don't make near the money as before so progress is slower. But I'm not done yet. It IS my retirement plan.

I've seen tricked out Lincoln's, Caddies, even full sized Chevy's & Buicks, but very few C-body Mopars. So this is my Dare-To-Be-Different hotrod. Muscle cars are rare and expensive these days, so I built one of my very own. That's how I came into this site and my car. I still call it the Turd, because it's doggy doo brown and it gets crappy mileage.

Last edited:
Just wondering why you bought your car; especially if it's a C Body. Are you a Mopar person from childhood or more recent convert? How did you acquire your car? Was it a gift or did you just find the car and have to buy it. Did you do a lot of repairs or restoration?

For some reason I've always been a car but I became a Mopar guy when I was 5 years old and my grandfather bought a 57 Plymouth Plaza. It was a 2 door sedan with Powerflite automatic and the flat head six. Suddenly I fell for the uforward look, they became my favorite car My grandfather followed that with a 61 Belvedere coupe. I thought that was beautifull, 318, Torqueflite, and power steering. I'll continue with my stories after I read a few of yours.
I grew up in the 60's and early 70's around my grandfather's small town Chrysler / Plymouth GMC dealership in Western MD. He was a dealer from 1929 until his untimely death in Fort Lauderdale in 1972 I loved all the cars. I would go around to other dealerships to learn about their cars. They knew me even though I was small and would show me their new cars at showing time too. During our dealership showing, I would hand out flyers, yard sticks, tops, rain bonnets ,key rings, etc. He had Esso gas and Goodyear tires as well. He was my father figure since my parents were divorced when I was 4. It is unusual for he and my grandmother to take in my mother and me after kicking my father out for his indiscretions. I helped my grandfather order his last car, the 1972 Imperial they got in September 1971 for their 50th wedding anniversary. I picked the colors, options, etc. I still have the dealer invoice for it as well as his notes from deciding the pricing and options for either a Newport Custom, New Yorker Brougham or the Imperial. I also kept the 1972 dealer order book for that year when the dealership was done with it for the model year. His prior last Imperial was 1958, when I was born. He either bought Newport or New Yorker in the interim. My mother was a bookkeeper in the business and would drive a plymouth until she started to buy my grandparents car when they were finished with it after one or two years. Although my grandfather has been gone 51 years, it seems like it was only yesterday. I learned to drive on my late Grandfather's 1972 Imperial in spring 1974. I also finally got my first Imperial this year which is a 1974 imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe edition. Not my grandfather's car but the best I can do I previously had a 1974 Dodge Dart (my wife's grandfather's last car), I think got a 61 300 G in 2001 and had it for 4 years before selling it. I bought a 68 300 Convertible in 2004 and kept it until a couple years ago. Sold it to a friend but it still lives in my mancave as he cannot find anyone to build on his house in next town over. Thank you for letting me share my MOPAR history. Happy Motoring

during my growing up years in the 70s my grandfather drove a 62 Chrysler 300 sport two-door hardtop. Red with black leather - 413. It was quite the contrast to the six cylinder-stick zero option commuters in our family household.

As a budding car kid This was the car that made me understand vehicles were not just about transportation, The right car can be fun and a total experience in addition to taking you to new exciting places. My grandfather would get this really great grin and look over at me every time there was a situation to “punch it” . The car made glorious sounds when he did this, It could burn rubber from a standing stop and the speedometer would rise at stunning speed. I loved the smell of the black leather, The push buttons for the transmission….
I remember thinking to myself “ why do my parents Drive this junk when they could have something magnificent like this?!”

My grandfather passed away shortly before I got my drivers license and the car was handed down to my oldest brother. When I came of age it was the car I learned drive in, The first car I ever wrenched on and learned about basic mechanics, first car I ever took down a Dragstrip. In my teen years muscle cars were cheap and that’s the direction I went. I just kind of assumed the Chrysler would be around forever then I could enjoy it at will. Unfortunately it was completely wiped out in the worst hail storm ever to hit Denver in the late 80s (The hail balls literally beat the windshield onto the front seat of the car). I’ve gone on to own many many special interest cars but never personally owned any full-size Mopar‘s.

Now that I’m getting up there in years I decided I really needed to get on hunt for a 62 Chrysler. Decided I would really like to upgrade to a 300 H letter car and started the research of the car and market. Before I was really ready to buy a 62 300 sport two-door hardtop in the same festival red and black leather came across my path. An absolutely beautiful low mileage original car. Quickly compromised my plans for the H as the color combo is identical to grandpa‘s car and you just don’t come across all original Chryslers this nice AND Close to home AND for the right $$. The only difference is this car has the standard 383 vs the single 4 413 in grandpa‘s car. It was amazing to get behind the wheel of such an influential vehicle almost 40 years after the last time I had driven grampas car.

Going through the small things to get her up to snuff for some Summer cruising. Happy to be driving one in the Mopar camp again!

Steve weim55 Colorado

Many of my close friend have expensive B bodies. They are fantastic and I love them all. I wanted something to drive to the shows and cruises. Last year I found this 1967 Polara ‘white hat’ optioned c body on-line. 318 2 barrel original.
I guess the reason is that I think it’s beautiful. I had the front seat reupholstered, cleaned it up, changed all the fluids, flushed the engine and coolant system, fixed a leak, fixed the lights and pampered it. Runs like a watch. (Floats like a boat) Original paint and some cancer behind the wheel wells for character.
I drive it because I love it. It’s not fast but sounds cool and floats. A joy to drive. It’s not a show off car but a fun car. Some make fun of it but I didn’t buy it for anyone else. I don’t care what others think of it. I bought it for me. So the answer is that it brings JOY.

601CE249-E5BB-47B2-A1EE-138716ED3140.jpeg

E565DD25-5441-4EC8-B73B-DFC2EE85185C.jpeg

485E445B-09BA-46B5-828D-EA015D26D5AC.jpeg

Many of my close friend have expensive B bodies. They are fantastic and I love them all. I wanted something to drive to the shows and cruises. Last year I found this 1967 Polara ‘white hat’ optioned c body on-line. 318 2 barrel original.
I guess the reason is that I think it’s beautiful. I had the front seat reupholstered, cleaned it up, changed all the fluids, flushed the engine and coolant system, fixed a leak, fixed the lights and pampered it. Runs like a watch. (Floats like a boat) Original paint and some cancer behind the wheel wells for character.
I drive it because I love it. It’s not fast but sounds cool and floats. A joy to drive. It’s not a show off car but a fun car. Some make fun of it but I didn’t buy it for anyone else. I don’t care what others think of it. I bought it for me. So the answer is that it brings JOY.

View attachment 595575

View attachment 595576

View attachment 595577
That’s an old picture of the seat. The new one is awesome and done to look like factory.

Back