Are These...

67-Fury

Reaction score
The unobtainium 71 GT wheel covers??

received_982232192236830.jpeg

Yes.
Pack them up and send to Wisconsin...lol.
John

Not mine. Saw them at Carlisle today. They are NOS. Someone grab them. I kinda wish i did now.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:...thanx for posting
Sorry critter. I feel bad now. Especially if these could of went on you're perfect GT. I saw them and was a bit shocked. Thinking, are those what i think they are?!? I Was not 100% though so thats why i posted it here. The parts guy in me wishes i at least asked what he wanted for them. Maybe the guy didn't even know what he had. That would of been the score of a lifetime, oh man.

Even if he DID know what they were, also knowing what a small market they might have, could have meant a more reasonable price? IF you go back, don't act like you KNOW what they are, but do act curious as to what they are supposed to be (according to HIM). DO take some extra $$$, just in case.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Want those! Have $'s to send to someone who can buy them. Will pay someone a finder's fee if they can buy it for me.

Last edited:
Gone,..gone,...gone.

Irrespective of price, this was "a score of a lifetime"....impossible to find.

Last edited:
Least i got to see them in the flesh. Wow. I love seeing a almost impossible to find car part. Question though. Aren't these rings only one part of the puzzle? Aren't the 71 GT wheels unique as well?

Least i got to see them in the flesh. Wow. I love seeing a almost impossible to find car part. Question though. Aren't these rings only one part of the puzzle? Aren't the 71 GT wheels unique as well?

Yes.

But the "rings" will fit on a "standard wheel", but it kind of "tweaks" them, and I'm not so sure that they wouldn't come off. Or they could come off.

The 1971 GT wheels are just silver painted 15x6 road wheels without the slots punched in them. The GT rings would cover the slots, so no, you don't really need to find special wheels, just the center caps that Critter posted.

Jeff

Sorry critter. I feel bad now. Especially if these could of went on you're perfect GT. I saw them and was a bit shocked. Thinking, are those what i think they are?!? I Was not 100% though so thats why i posted it here. The parts guy in me wishes i at least asked what he wanted for them. Maybe the guy didn't even know what he had. That would of been the score of a lifetime, oh man.

I've been attending the Chryslers at Carlisle show since it started, and it's really rare for someone not to know what they have at that show. I'm pretty certain that you would have needed to hand over at least a grand to bring them home. I never saw them, so I would have to think that they sold on Friday, unless I missed them somehow, which seems unlikely since they are so distinct.

Jeff

Back