Arizona Junkyard pics

It,s a Polara with Monaco grille and rear lights , Original red , painted in Q5 turquoise ( best color there is for these cars ).

Too bad so many change over parts. Does appear to be lots of parts for someone though.

I could use some parts off that '73 Imperial...
What's with the orange netting?

Call desert valley auto parts and they will sell anything and ship it to you.

The orange netting is on the cars because desert valley is moving their stuff from the scottsdale yard up to the black canyon city yard. They were shipped on a big truck and didn't want parts to fall off on the interstate.
technically the mopar yard is not open yet but I got em to let me in since I drove down from Colorado.

Thanks for taking the time to post all the photo's, it took my mind off the five inches of snow outside my window.

Glad to help. I went down there to get away from the snow in these mountains. metal therapy since I can't go to my metal shows.

Awesome trip Cuda, Thanks for the efforts. Im gonna PM you bout some stuff.
You will have to call Desert valley parts. They will cut any part you need and ship it. Well worth it when you can't find the parts anywhere else.
I will be picking up some stuff from them in the near future and perhaps having it shipped. A full trunk floor for the 66 2+2 for 600 bucks isn't too bad a price.

https://www.dvap.com/ Number is on the top right of the website.

Amazing to see 2nd gen chargers and E bodies still in a yard anywhere in any shape. Haven't been hunting in Arizona since my 20s. Great stuff, thanks for posting them up. Heck they even serve up a nice ham lunch, such a deal!
Art Coffers used to be another place Id hunt in Phoenix, up and down junk row. There's a guy by the airport who had a 71 Cuda Conv Hemi. We had some interesting convo's back then on rebuilding cars. He had an AAR stuck on the top of a steel storage building and lots of cool Mopars around his yard, nothing for sale thou..

Last edited:
For a place that is a key source for sheet metal, I'm surprised at how bashed up they let the cars become. I mean I get it, it's a wrecker, but there's a fair bit of lost potential revenue in dented panels there...

For a place that is a key source for sheet metal, I'm surprised at how bashed up they let the cars become. I mean I get it, it's a wrecker, but there's a fair bit of lost potential revenue in dented panels there...

I fully agree. However I get the feeling that they are having space issues. They are closing the big yard and moving to a smaller yard. There have been cars crushed already. I heard mention that when space runs out the rest get crushed. So at least they are saving the better pieces.

Thanks for the Desert Valley update! I was anxious to find out what survived the big crush-out earlier this year when they lost their lease on the north Phoenix location. It looks like the majority of the C bodies got moved and not crushed. I thought that the '72 Fury wagon would be a goner for sure, but I'm pleased to see it's still around. I really want to get the quarters off of it for my '72, but with the impending implosion of the economy and probably with trucking, that's going to have to wait at least until next year. I also need quarters for a couple other cars along with a few sub frames, so it's going to be a pretty big bill. Plus, it's going to run a couple grand to ship it all back east.

20200414_125008_hdr-jpg.jpg

Jeff

Thanks for the Desert Valley update! I was anxious to find out what survived the big crush-out earlier this year when they lost their lease on the north Phoenix location. It looks like the majority of the C bodies got moved and not crushed. I thought that the '72 Fury wagon would be a goner for sure, but I'm pleased to see it's still around. I really want to get the quarters off of it for my '72, but with the impending implosion of the economy and probably with trucking, that's going to have to wait at least until next year. I also need quarters for a couple other cars along with a few sub frames, so it's going to be a pretty big bill. Plus, it's going to run a couple grand to ship it all back east.
View attachment 369658
Jeff

Just drive down there with an enclosed trailer. Or rent a uhaul car hauler and strap everything onto the trailer. You will spend under a 1000 for the trip, hotel and trailer.
And you get to look at all kinds of stuff.

The economy will be back to normal shortly.

Few years back we were looking for a deck lid for a 65 Belvedere .They talked us into a shell with doors and deck. Front sheet metal was gone and roof smashed from stacking. $2200 shipped to South West PA. We got a ton of good parts that we used on many different eastern rust buckets from the one car.Actually made money on the deal.

Call desert valley auto parts and they will sell anything and ship it to you.

The orange netting is on the cars because desert valley is moving their stuff from the scottsdale yard up to the black canyon city yard. They were shipped on a big truck and didn't want parts to fall off on the interstate.
technically the mopar yard is not open yet but I got em to let me in since I drove down from Colorado.
Back in the 80’s the original New River yard up by Black Canyon (other owners) was 90% under water and 100s of old cars were buried to the roof w sand and rolled up into balls the size of microwave ovens. I’m talking 50’s cars so smashing them into little balls lets you see the power of one of the huge flash floods we had back then. I wonder if that’s the same property. I figured it would never open again once they got sued by the epa. Phoenix was cut off from the east valley as every bridge failed except the old old Mill Avenue bridge by Arizona State. I10 was closed for months. There were tons of 55 chevies buried roof level with the sandy ground. The aftermath was hard to believe.

Last edited:
I bet it is the same place. I think there was a yard in this spot before DV bought this place.
Might very well be the same place. It's on the North east side of the community. Not on the edge of the big river but on the edge of the little river that comes out of the hills. Looked like there had been a hell of a flash flood in the years past.

Back