ATC workaround

The benefit of running a Dodge Dealership is that I can search parts over the entire continent. Found several Dealers in the USA still showing inventory.....

1686604371427.png

Thanks for your help sir you have been exceedingly helpful. :thumbsup:

@Dobalovr I've been made aware that there might be more differences in the wiring between '75 Imp and '76-'78 NY than I thought. While I'm still pretty certain the high blower motor relay should be on that relay bank and yours is missing, you should really double check with the appropriate FSM to verify that.

Well sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one and I wish I could have taken credit for this one. Larry's ATC system is now fully functioning and blowing nice cold air once again. The fix you ask?......

The water control valve was seized. Larry picked up a NOS unit from Epay and after it was installed the ATC II came to life. Fan works in all positions heat and AC work life is good again!

Special Thank you to @thethee for all the assistance and despite his great advice stupidity won the day afterall....

The water valve was seized and that caused the fan to remain off? Never would have guessed that. The inner workings of the ATC still elude me..

Or perhaps the seized valve caused the cold engine lockout to remain engaged, who knows. Glad it's fixed though!

I've yet to meet anyone that knows these systems A-Z. Boggles my mind that Mercedes was stupid enough to use it.

perhaps the seized valve caused the cold engine lockout to remain engaged
This ^^ makes the most sense to me as nothing else was touched. Recharged the AC and all was working as it should after the valve replacement. Dumb luck more than skilled repair I am afraid.

Back