WANTED Auto Ventshades 65-68 4DR Sedan NYer/Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdlov

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hoping to find a 4 piece set of stainless steel auto Ventshades for a 65-68 4DR sedan New Yorker/Newport. Would offer a good price. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hoping to find a 4 piece set of stainless steel auto Ventshades for a 65-68 4DR sedan New Yorker/Newport. Would offer a good price. Thank you.

FWIW, I found two sets for my cars in ten years of looking on eBay.

They are pretty rare, but they are out there.

John

FWIW, I found two sets for my cars in ten years of looking on eBay.

They are pretty rare, but they are out there.

John
Two sets!!! I only need one set ol' buddy, ol' friend, ol' pal!!! Take pity on an orphan and his needy lil' Newport sedan. I'd fork up some loot. :)

68 Newport Sedan.jpg

do you have any measurements. I have a set from a 68 Plymouth fury 4 door sedan that I found in a junk yard that don't fit my wagon the rear door on a wagon is wider.

Two sets!!! I only need one set ol' buddy, ol' friend, ol' pal!!! Take pity on an orphan and his needy lil' Newport sedan. I'd fork up some loot. :)

Sorry man, I have two 4DSD's and they are destined for them. I am still trying to find the spring clips that snap into the window frame to secure them. Harder to find than the ventshades themselves.

I'd rather use the clips than drill holes for the tiny screws they came with.

Keep looking, they'll come to you eventually.

John

do you have any measurements. I have a set from a 68 Plymouth fury 4 door sedan that I found in a junk yard that don't fit my wagon the rear door on a wagon is wider.

I can take measurements of my set tomorrow and let you know.

Stay tuned.

John

Crazyboutwagons: I though that I read on a forum here that the 67-68, 300, New Yorker, Newport, Polara, Monaco, and Fury 4dr sedans all shared the same glass. If so, it might follow that your Fury ventshades might fit my Newport. I would like to buy them if we can establish that. If you are selling them that is. Thanks, JD

Here you go:

IMG_1590.JPG

FWIW, the box says 1966-67, 68 4 door sedan, Dodge and Chrysler. Fury is not listed.
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1597.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG

Hope the input helps.

John

Do your Ventshades look like the photos posted? When you have an opportunity to mess with it, I'd appreciate it if you would have a look. Thank you, JD

Just a short follow-up. Do your Ventshades look like the photos posted? When you have an opportunity to mess with it, I'd appreciate it if you would have a look. Thank you, JD :) I appreciate it!

If somebody was really dedicated, I bet they could add/remove/weld the required length from something more common. Grind/sand/polish, done.

As long as you have the front/rear ends, it should just be a matter of length.

sorry I for got about it. I will dig them out on Thursday and measure and post pics. they are used and not in best of condtion but might cleanup.

I need the clips for my Dodge A-100 (same) as C body. Anybody have the clips only???

PTDC0037.JPG

PTDC0038 (1).JPG

PTDC0039.JPG

april42016 449.JPG
april42016 450.JPG
april42016 451.JPG
april42016 449.JPG
april42016 450.JPG
april42016 451.JPG
april42016 449.JPG
april42016 449.JPG
april42016 449.JPG
april42016 449.JPG
april42016 450.JPG
april42016 450.JPG
here are pics of the ones I have. fronts are 20 5/8" long and the rears are 22 1/4" long came of a 4 dr fury. no hardware the fronts were held in place by a small brass screw( which broke when I removed it)attached to the front vent window frame. the rears were held in place by pressure in the door frame. I did not see any clips if I make it back to junk yard I will look and see if there are any on the car if its still in the yard and hasn't been crushed.

Last edited:
View attachment 75123 View attachment 75124 View attachment 75125 View attachment 75123 View attachment 75124 View attachment 75125 View attachment 75123 View attachment 75123 View attachment 75123 View attachment 75123 View attachment 75124 View attachment 75124 here are pics of the ones I have. fronts are 20 5/8" long and the rears are 22 1/4" long came of a 4 dr fury. no hardware the fronts were held in place by a small brass screw( which broke when I removed it)attached to the front vent window frame. the rears were held in place by pressure in the door frame. I did not see any clips if I make it back to junk yard I will look and see if there are any on the car if its still in the yard and hasn't been crushed.
No problem at all. I appreciate you even messing around with this for me. :) Would you be interested in selling these?

If you come up dry thought I saw some on Brads NOS parts ebay store or the yahoo store button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back