Axle info needed

Fury Rookie

Reaction score
I was on dr diff site and it shows axles for a body and b body and e body. It also lists custom axles including same length and length for drivers side being 3/8 inch longer. Are any of these for 68 Plymouth Fury 3? As always any help is greatly appreciated
Thanx Frank

Which engine and transmission? Have you done the visual identification of what you have?

CBODY67

I was on dr diff site and it shows axles for a body and b body and e body. It also lists custom axles including same length and length for drivers side being 3/8 inch longer. Are any of these for 68 Plymouth Fury 3? As always any help is greatly appreciated
Thanx Frank
The best and really the only way to positively determine your axle length is with a tape measure and your old axle. In reading in one of your other threads, it appears you already have the axle out anyway.

Don't depend on any charts or anything like that you find online. They are often wrong, especially with C-Body specs. My advice is not to spend a single dime until you do this.

Once you've measured, you may be able to buy a used axle or for that matter, an entire rear end cheaper than a new axle, but that's your choice.

Call Dr Diff. I found them (Cass? can't remember) super knowledgeable and helpful. He knew what I needed, and helped me verify it was correct before ordering.

Thanx Frank
Assuming you have a stock 8 3/4 rear end, the axle shaft is the same as '65-9 C-body, '65-70 A100, and all E-bodies with an 8 3/4. RH and LH axle shafts are the same.... just bearing retainers and wheel studs are different.

Would they be same as forv68
They are 30" long. Same as all C body Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler 65-69. Both the same except for the right side axle has the adjuster for end play. Right side has the 5 studs with right hand threads while the left side has 5 left hand threads. I can get pictures if needed. They have been in my loft since the mid 1980's.

Last edited:
Back