B...2....."BINGO!"

Not Right

Reaction score
On December 26th (of 2022), I was out for a casual stroll on the interweb, not looking for anything in particular....just enjoying the surfing around for whatever. I hit on this '71 Sport Fury, with an "INnie" rear window, a Formal Rear Window, Body Code 29....in B2 Glacial Blue, with a Black Top, a 360 (2bbl), a/c, p/b, p/s, rear defogger, and headlight wipers beneath the hidden headlamp grill. "Oh craaaaap", was my exact thought. "Nooooo". "Take it away from me! I don't need another Fury!!!" I hoped in all desperation that this was some old posting and that the car was long gone. After searching in several ways, the ad appeared to be current and legit. For a week and a half, I did nothing, except keep on eye on the website that it was listed on....it kept on "being there". "Damit, will someone please buy this pretty Fury!" I searched other websites including here on FCBO and Barnfinds.....nothing. No one was on to it yet. Week 2; I emailed the Seller and asked for him to please make extra effort to find this car a good home and told him that I needed another Fury like I need a hole in the head. He just smiled. Week 3; I emailed him again and told him that if it was still listed next week, that I would be forced to give him a call...and to please get it sold between now and next week. Well, needless to say, here comes next week..., Week 4, and I'm on the phone with him, giving him hell.., how dare he twist my arm like this! The Dealer put me in direct contact with the Private Seller that he was listing it for. I had absolutely great conversation with the man who actually owned the car and extreme honesty prevailed. But, he was fixing to post it nationally (a blitz) because he really needed to sell it. He said I was the only interested party he'd had. He said, "You need to come look at it and make up your mind, so that I know what to do." So, there I was; time to poop or get off the pot, put up or shut up. I ended the month long agonizing session, hopped off of the fence, packed a bag, grabbed my loot, and hit the road on Friday morning. I returned from my 1100 mile Chinese Fire Drill late Saturday night. The car is in the Detroit area, which is where it will remain under cover until sometime in April, after the winter weather and salt powdered roads have gone away. Then I'll go and pick up my new girl, "GloryBee". He wanted low 5 digits, I wanted mid-to-slightly higher 4 digits, and we settled on high 4 digits. Neither one of us was exactly happy, so it worked out well.
I am curious to know if anyone here "knows" this car. It supposedly came from an Estate Auction in Pennsylvania. The latest Michigan Title was from June of last year (2022). I may not have needed another car but I'm sure happy I got this one....no remorse. My bucket list is complete, once again. Just wanted to let you all know: "Another One Saved!" -Not Right
P.S. Uh, I'm going to need one more of those 3431154 Reservoirs, please. Thank Q.

1971-plymouth-sport-fury-sport-furry1.jpg

20230121_111929.jpg

1971-plymouth-sport-fury-sport-furry17.jpg

Last edited:
YEAH, FAR OUT! BINGO AGAIN! You hit it right on the head! This is it! It's had some renovations since these older postings, somebody wanted to do right by this car, like the faded Trunk Key Fascia Badge has been replaced with a new one, the A/C has been converted to R134A, and will freeze you out, the torque converter busted a stud and was leaking, so it's got a new torque converter. new carpet through out, and the interior, the engine compartment has been detailed (because the owner had something to work with....it was all intact and just had to be refreshed (cleaning wise)). All the exterior chrome/ pot metal is in great shape, the bumpers do not have have any rain stain/water worn areas anymore, the HVAC all works well, all the vacuum motors work (with no leaks going on). It has a new carburator, and the engine purrs smooth as silk. When this last owner bought it, it had 90K on it, now it has 103K. The sheet metal is virgin. In the photos I was looking at, I saw some rust on the Passenger Door Sill. When I looked at it in person, it was just where the seam sealer had a crack and surface rust stain was forming....but the whole body is solid, EXCEPT FOR one Quarter sized rust hole on the driver floor pan, right up along the rocker sill. Possible windshield leak at one time. (the glass was removed and resealed at Paint time.) Yes, it has been repainted and had a new top put on....apparently some years back, due to what I'm learning here on our old posts. I also wondered about why, since they did such a thorough job of taking off the trim, and then using new clips to reinstall the trim...why they couldn't tape off a door striker post any better than they did....oh well. And, it still needs a new Front Valance Panel and Plate Bracket. I noticed in these old posting photos, that it was damaged even back then...and it still is now.
I'm so glad someone recognized this car! Thanks a bunch Ayilar! This is going to be fun to try to back track the history on this car.

Looks to be a great score in amazing shape & not a bad price for all of the car you got. I love the color, such a classy looking Fury.

Congrats from a fellow Virginian!
I'm about 5 hours away from you. (people don't realize how wide Virginia is across the south side.)
I have a 1971 Fury coupe that has been off the road since 1978. No where near as good a condition as yours, but restoreable.
Looking forward to your posts as you work on the car!

You got your Fury at the same place I got my Imperial, seemed to be a good guy to deal with, does he still have his black 65 Imperial?

Congratulations. If I had found that car on the internet, I would have gone through the struggles that you did. Love it!

You got your Fury at the same place I got my Imperial, seemed to be a good guy to deal with, does he still have his black 65 Imperial?
Well? Although the car was listed by Don Marshall and displayed on his Sales Lot for a short while, it actually belonged to Stan Foor, owner of "4-Sure Automotive". Stan runs a Mechanical Repair shop as well as taking on Restoration jobs. Like most guys of his ilk, he's been in it all his life and knows everyone. In fact, there's a whole bunch of guys that run their own shop up there in Jackson, Michigan, and they are all tight-knit and are always working with each other. It's a gigantic Car Club where everyone also happens to derive their living from from their passion. It's so damn cool! Anyway, Don hosted Stan's Fury for a month or so, but when I called Don, he put me over to Stan right away. Stan brought the Fury back to his shop and had it on his alignment rack, ready for me to begin inspection when I arrived...long story shortened (although, not by much!), I haven't 'met" Don of Marshall Motor Classics yet. I hope to when I go back up there in April.

Congratulations. If I had found that car on the internet, I would have gone through the struggles that you did. Love it!
Thanks Fury GT, I think I was most worried that you would find it too, and beat me to it! I am married, with vows, to the '68 Fury. But, I've always lusted for this '71 model.

There’s nothing wrong with having both ‘68 & ‘71 Fury’s. I have 2 of each year. Please post more pictures.

Congrats from a fellow Virginian!
I'm about 5 hours away from you. (people don't realize how wide Virginia is across the south side.)
I have a 1971 Fury coupe that has been off the road since 1978. No where near as good a condition as yours, but restoreable.
Looking forward to your posts as you work on the car!
Thanks! Yeah, you're right...I think along Virginia's southern border, it runs about 400 miles.., east to west. Well, besides the Valance Panel, figuring out what caused the hole in the floor, seeing that the cause is already fixed (or not) and then fixing the hole itself....about the only other things will be figuring out why the Panel Lights and Headlamp Wipers aren't working. All fairly mundane stuff for most, but maybe challenging and fun for me. I will write about it though, you can count on that. It's just good therapy!

Okay. Of what? ...and of which model?

1968 Sport Fury 2-door hardtop with a 520” stroker. 1968 Fury II 4-door sedan waiting to be put back together. 1971 Sport Fury GT undergoing a restoration and a 1971 Fury Custom Suburban 3 seat wagon with the Brougham interior that is a driver quality survivor. Sorry, no photos of the wagon on my phone.

F0A16FFE-6B62-4179-895F-7996C0D226F8.jpeg

13EBE66B-747B-479A-A82B-786D0E439077.jpeg

8812E8AA-6A73-4EC5-8652-D91DED1E4FB5.jpeg

7B6AF5B0-3615-48BB-A0D6-D955E69D7E5F.jpeg

@Not Right
I'd seen this car bounce around a few times in OH over the last handful of years.
Glad to see someone here scored it.

If you start a thread specific to your repairs on the car, post the link here?

Ah, so that's what that one looks like. Have read your descriptions of it a few times.
Don't think I have ever seen that color on a 68 before.

It is a one year color that wasn't very popular. The car started off as an early production car with a 318, with a scheduled build date of 8/11/1967. I have the original sales paperwork and if my memory is correct, it did not sell until May of 1968. It is a factory stripe delete car that never had a hood ornament installed and a few build features that I have not seen on another 1968 Fury.

1968 Sport Fury 2-door hardtop with a 520” stroker. 1968 Fury II 4-door sedan waiting to be put back together. 1971 Sport Fury GT undergoing a restoration and a 1971 Fury Custom Suburban 3 seat wagon with the Brougham interior that is a driver quality survivor. Sorry, no photos of the wagon on my phone.

View attachment 577875

View attachment 577876

View attachment 577877

View attachment 577878
WHoooooaaaaa Dude....You are serious about your passion for these old babies....in a way that most all of us would love to be, but have to settle for dreaming about. And these are very nice specimens. These are collectables within the world of collectables. It's an inspiration to see someone doing it right. [if my Garage is still active, you can see some of my cars in "This Old Barn". You've probably seen it before. I'll have to update it when I get a chance.]

Last edited:
Back