Back to finishing my wagon after a summer hiatus to drive cars

Fast Eddie B

Reaction score
put all the lamps back in. Front, rear, side markers. Brake lights work. Flasher works. Running lights work. Put in the turn signals... nothing. No click, neither lights. Indicators dead too.

Replaced the relay. Nothing. Assuming I got the right relay!

Gotta be something simple and/or specific the the formal years. I'm hoping somebody has some ideas.

Separate flasher for turn signals, try that.
It has two separate relays. One for turn one for emerg. Separate fuses too. Both relays work on emerg, neither on turn signals. All the other power acc on the turn signal fuse work.

All it could likely be is the switch in the column?

The tilt column was made by G.M. so you will need the special tools to get into the column to change the switch. Two things to look at first, the adapter for the G.M. switch to the Chrysler harness had a bad point of burning some of the wires in the connector. If that is good plug in another switch for a test.

Is the adaptor inside the column or at the bottom? Was wondering if I could do some resistance testing on the switch first before yanking it all out.

Alright. I found the problem. A made in China fuse. I went and rechecked the other items on the fuse. I thought running lights were on it. Just back up and cornering lights. Visually the fuse was sound but it was bad.

Case closed.

Back