Ballad of Jed Clampett his last performance as Jed 1993

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

Buddy Ebsen dances to Ballad of Jed Clampett 1993​

Buddy was a cool dude and probably my first brush with Hollywood stardom before I went to California.
I met him in the late 70's on Lido Beach in Sarasota Florida, he was there with his sailboat for a Catamaran Festival and he drew a crowd of about a dozen people, it was nice, nobody bothered him about TV stuff, or wanted to take pictures ie 'selfies', all he did was talk about his boat and we listened intently.

Is the singer Lester Flatt? know he was the original singer, but not sure from pic whether he is singing in this video. Earl Scruggs must already have passed

Is the singer Lester Flatt? know he was the original singer, but not sure from pic whether he is singing in this video. Earl Scruggs must already have passed
No, I'm not sure who he is. Lester Flatt died in 1979. Earl is the guy playing the banjo.

No, I'm not sure who he is. Lester Flatt died in 1979. Earl is the guy playing the banjo.
Scott. Earl Scruggs is pictured below. He played original banjo for the TV theme. Are we talking about one of his sons?
1643165930479.png

Didn't look like him first time I watched it. I'll just stand corrected and move on to greener Kentucky pastures.
I watched the Steve Martin video you posted not too long ago. Because of that I watched some Scruggs videos and recognized him. I love bluegrass, but I hardly know what many of the musicians look like. Ricky Skaggs, Bill Monroe, Doc Watson, Scruggs, Allison Krause and a few others are all I know. I did get to see Doc Watson in a very all venue with his son and some other pickers I didn't know much about. Very glad I got to see him play.

Back