Bargain '60 LeBaron

crv

Reaction score
1960 imperial
00909_1s5JUELW6iD_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_ebxEn3zxRnZ_1200x900.jpg

I love those cars, but it would cost 40 times the asking price to restore it even if you did most of the work yourself. But at least it doesn't look rusty that I can see.

Yes. LOL
It just seemed so odd from the angle the POV was taken. Really showed off its curves.

Speaking of which, my first thought was the OMG cost of the stamping presses that had to bang those things out. No way would any manufacturer attempt that today.

I am pretty sure Chrysler lost a lot of money on every 1960 Imperial they sold. At the time it was advertised as America's Most Carefully Built Car.
1960%20Imperial%20Ad-01b.jpg

I've got my work cut out for me on just my Crown Coupe!

2017-11-03 00.56.08.jpg

Maybe you could get this for the next project . At least i hope someone does, so its not scrapped.

Hey, I am already 70 - how long do you think I am going to be alive? Trust me, I already have enough cars to fill up another lifetime yet to restore!! :wideyed:

I like it too! I'll be in that area in a week. Maybe I'll take a peek if it is still available.

Love the comparison to the blue whale. I think the front of the 1970 Sport Fury looks like a Manta Ray.

That is a Good Deal ! Hope it gets Restored. The Le Baron was top of the Imperial line ! Plus they made less than 1700 Le Barons for 1960.

It IS a bit like an angry blue whale......... being a west coast car, it might have a lot of good parts, not exactly in plentiful supply for a '60 LeBaron.......hope it finds a suitable home

Update folks: I talked to the guy in Modesto about the '60 LeBaron and the rust is bad.....Trunk floor gone and NO SWIVEL SEATS! He told me that's the first thing everybody ask him.

"Trunk floor gone and NO SWIVEL SEATS! He told me that's the first thing everybody ask him"
Well that Sux !

I guess that is why he is advertising it as a parts car.

Gary could fix the floors.....

Back