headers that fit? Or better exhaust manifolds?

Furious

Reaction score
Has anyone found headers that fit the 60-64 Big Block full size cars? I have a 1960 Chrysler Windsor that I plan to put in a 413 with long ram manifolds on, and I would like to add some headers, or at least some better flowing cast iron manifolds. Anyone have experience and suggestions?
Thanks

Hi performance manifolds are $$$. I have a 440 in my 64 NY that I bought truck style shorty headers for. They took a little finessing to fit between the control arm on the passenger side, but I'm happy with them. They're cheap on eBay and you can scuff and shoot them to get them to last longer. I've had mine on for roughly 5-6 years with no rusting or issues. Not sure what the setup looks like on your car, but here's a pic of the ones I bought:
1712678661887.png

Hi performance manifolds are $$$. I have a 440 in my 64 NY that I bought truck style shorty headers for. They took a little finessing to fit between the control arm on the passenger side, but I'm happy with them. They're cheap on eBay and you can scuff and shoot them to get them to last longer. I've had mine on for roughly 5-6 years with no rusting or issues. Not sure what the setup looks like on your car, but here's a pic of the ones I bought:
View attachment 654823
A friend bought a set of those for his 64, and he could not get them to clear. Maybe there are more than one maker of the eBay headers? He ended up using B body Magnum manifolds, and they fit very well, but, I don't think they will clear my long ram intake manifolds.

Cast iron HP exhaust manifolds might not fit the long ram intakes due to their up-swept design. In 1962 or so, Chrysler had some large-tube steel exhaust manifolds which look like they were the precursor of the cast iron HP manifolds, but they would not clear the power brake booster and such back then. So only on non-power brake cars. Which means a header that is "center outlet" rather than like the HP manifolds.

CBODY67

Has anyone found headers that fit the 60-64 Big Block full size cars? I have a 1960 Chrysler Windsor that I plan to put in a 413 with long ram manifolds on, and I would like to add some headers, or at least some better flowing cast iron manifolds. Anyone have experience and suggestions?
Thanks
well unless u r going to race it stay wih the high flow manifolds & Headers cook BB starters & the new 318 ones will leave u setting . know if happen to me i went back to the stock one & NO MORE problems now from the old dc rcng book they said a 318/340/360 sb starter from the 1980's was high torque one for the rb'

Back