Barn find: old Plymouth GTX race car found

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hey guys I thought you might enjoy this video of this old Plymouth GTX Drag car I found in a barn/shelter in North Carolina. But there’s much more to this car. It has a story I think you will find interesting that involved a MOPAR business & Lions Drag Strip in California
67 Plymouth GTX barn find with a story

Very cool! That would be a hoot to build. That cap in the distributor hole was just put there to keep the crittters and water out of the block, I'd bet money. I love how the rear wheelwells were radiused, and then trim fitted to the opening. It's a shame there isn't more of the car present. If a guy were to build it back for racing, there is a whole LOT to do to make the car track-legal, to be sure.

Very cool! That would be a hoot to build. That cap in the distributor hole was just put there to keep the crittters and water out of the block, I'd bet money. I love how the rear wheelwells were radiused, and then trim fitted to the opening. It's a shame there isn't more of the car present. If a guy were to build it back for racing, there is a whole LOT to do to make the car track-legal, to be sure.
Yep I agree I think that plug was just there to keep out water & stuff. Hopefully whoever gets it will restore it like it was raced & just do car shows with it. If I had the money & shop space that’s what I would do. Also we are hoping someone out there has creditable info n the car.

Back