Barry from The Netherlands, 65 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door

Hotrodharbor

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been watching this site for a while but never introduced myself.
I am Barry and live in The Netherlands in the Amsterdam area. I got my hobby garage in the city of IJmuiden. I bought myself a beat up 65 New Yorker that I will be working on the coming years. It got a 413 engine but it is seized. I will be replacing it by a 440 with the help of some friends who know more about the proces than me.
Also I just bought a 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible for the nice summer days.
Last year I bought a 72 New Yorker coupe as well.

Thanks and have a nice day,
Barry
1.jpg
23.jpg

Welcome!!
Just to let you know the 65 motor mounts/frame are one year only and the matching boss in the 413 block. The 440 will not have the boss to match the 65 mounts/frame
You can either find the Schumacher mounts or fabricate your own.
Other members that did this swap feel free to chime in.

Welcome to the website Barry, from New York City. You certainly got some nice looking rides there. Keep us posted with plenty of pictures as you progress. This is a great website with some great people on it with tons of knowledge. Don’t be shy, ask your questions and I’m sure there’s somebody on here that has a knowledge and experience to answer them..

Welcome! Please show us more of your '72 NYer -- did you acquire it locally, or did you import it from the States directly?

In case you don't know, there are several members from the NL here including @luigi164 in Breda, @DDV Polara , @NY69 , @69monaco and also many from Germany including @Franco , @fc7_plumcrazy , etc.

Welcome!!
Just to let you know the 65 motor mounts/frame are one year only and the matching boss in the 413 block. The 440 will not have the boss to match the 65 mounts/frame
You can either find the Schumacher mounts or fabricate your own.
Other members that did this swap feel free to chime in.

Welcome

Back