best carburetor

sorry no holleys
work great for me
1709475496148.png

I'll take a TQ any day. When they are right they drive wonderful.
My Challenger picked up 2 tenths in the quarter over the 3310. Now the 3310 still had that stupid metering plate, so that's where I put the blame.
The TQ idles better/cleaner with crappy cam, and low vacuum.

So, my 70 Sport Fury has a 69 440 in it right now. I'm running an Edelbrock on it, and I hate it. It is impossible to start. The air cleaner doesn't fit well on it. I am ready to get rid of it. As such, can anyone recommend what carb I should go with?

Appreciate the input.
The stock AFB on my 66 starts and runs great. I thought the Edelbrock Performer was based on the AFB.

So, my 70 Sport Fury has a 69 440 in it right now. I'm running an Edelbrock on it, and I hate it. It is impossible to start. The air cleaner doesn't fit well on it. I am ready to get rid of it. As such, can anyone recommend what carb I should go with?

Appreciate the input.
Just my 2 cents of wisdom: I built my 440 in a dyno and was told "something is wrong with your new Edelbrock carb".....NO WAY, I replied...."It's brand new"!...bought factory rebuild kit....from the "factory" the 9 out of 12 carb adjustments...float levels, float drop, linkage adjustments, etc, were off....the NEW carb was just thrown together at the factory. I bought the factory rebuild kit....not the cheap one, rebuilt it to factory specs and it runs fine. I have the Edelbrock 750 with manual choke part number EDL-1407....I know you're having problems but a carb change most likely will require additional work like rerouting/replumbing fuel line and shifter/accelerator modifications. Edelbrock also sells air cleaners that fit well or if you have a TIG welding machine, the filter bottom could be modified. Personally, I'd buy a factory rebuild kit for your application and a gallon of carb cleaner with the metal "dip tank" included, totally disassemble the carb, soak it, blow all the orifices out and reassemble it.....before you spend $600 plus on a new set-up. ...Kenny in Vegas

Appreciate the input.

Back