Best headers for a 1967 New Yorker

Funkym44

Reaction score
Recently acquired a 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. 440 / 727. Has the stock manifolds. I built a 2 1/2 in. Exhaust from the manifolds back but I'd still like the extra flow from headers. My question is, are headers the best option or are stock manifolds good enough? If not, what kind of headers might fit with little or no modifying? Also, my apologies if I've repeated an already asked question

image.jpg

The purists on the site will tell you to get a set of HP manifolds and keep the system you have.

The modifiers (me) will tell you Hedman, Schumacher, or tti. I installed tti's on my 66 Polara.

I used the full length Hedman Headers 78030 on my '67 New Yorker. Had to raise the motor a couple inches and they slipped right in. The passenger side is a little close on the torsion bar but that was the only issue. I still use the original full size starter too.

OEM manifold vs Headman 78030
aIMG_2088.jpg

aIMG_2088.jpg

I used the full length Hedman Headers 78030 on my '67 New Yorker. Had to raise the motor a couple inches and they slipped right in. The passenger side is a little close on the torsion bar but that was the only issue. I still use the original full size starter too.

OEM manifold vs Headman 78030
View attachment 59477
Excellent. Thanks again everyone for the info/advice. I'll post some pictures once I'm finished

TTi's all the way...Not cheap,but a very good fit.
Reduces engine bay temps significantly.

Back